Thornton Tomasetti

www.thorntontomasetti.com

Enjoyed the technical work and clients, but management and company outlook is bleak.

Project Engineer (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsBecause of its name and prestige, TT draws interesting clients and projects, giving you the opportunity to experience and learn a great deal even as an entry level engineer. Opportunities for inter-office transfer are available, and the company is generally flexible with respect to hours and vacations.

ConsConsidering the required skill level (MS degree, professional certifications, etc.), the long hours, and the amount of stress, the salary and benefits are dismal.

Lack of solid leadership skills and collaboration coming from upper management. An incredibly top-heavy company. At the current rate of promotions and lack of hiring, everyone will become a vice-president and no one will be doing any "actual" work. A/E Industry outlook is grim; I wouldn't be surprised to see TT downsizing even more so over the next several years.

Advice to Senior ManagementSmarter and leaner upper management is required. Increased focus on improving technical staff benefits and rewards. Consider the possibility that your business model from 25 years ago will no longer be sustainable in the current market.

Good for independent workers

Project Engineer (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

I have been working at Thornton Tomasetti

Pros: You'll be given a lot of responsibility and get to work on interesting projects. You're expected… Cons: Occasionally projects are understaffed, but it's not the norm. Expect to work overtime… Advice to Senior Management: Overall, things are fairly good, but it would be nice… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

GOOD

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Fremont, CA

I worked at Thornton Tomasetti

Pros: nice people, good income, fair benifits Cons: long hours and short holidays Advice to Senior Management: be more organized Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Thornton Tomasetti.

Worked for Thornton Tomasetti? Contribute to the Community!