It has been a roller coaster.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at ThoughtWorks

Pros

Autonomy of how to do your job. Talented people around you to get the job done. Ability to find an opportunity to do something different and full the gap. Incredible travel opportunity.

Cons

Clients that don't really buy into the value proposition despite hiring you. Disconnected senior management that does little to lead or set a positive example and more to administer.

Try to be more inspiring and be more deliberate and organized about understanding the work we do. The hearsay is ridiculous.

Other Reviews for ThoughtWorks

Hard to imagine working anywhere else.

Current Employee - Principal Consultant  in  Melbourne (Australia)
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Melbourne (Australia)

I have been working at ThoughtWorks

Pros

A company full of incredible people, providing great global connections, and regular growth opportunities. You can and should make your own path within the company, and it will pay you back many times over.

Cons

Internal systems and processes are poor and unstructured. Staffing projects is unpredictable and ThoughtWorks is finding it hard to balance individual goals with project needs. ThoughtWorks will take as much of your time and energy as you are willing to give.

As we grow and regionalise, keep the focus on engaging all of ThoughtWorks in decision making, seeking feedback and advice from all staff even least experienced.

It works for me

I have been working at ThoughtWorks

Pros

Global company with lots of opportunity to progress and travel. Really amazing people who are passionate about what they do. Unstructured and non-hierarchical with a high degree of ambiguity. Really wants to change the world, not just software. Lots of people working on pro-bono and social impact projects.

Cons

Massive ambiguity makes it hard for some to work out how to build a network and navigate the business. Travel (in the US) is relentless and not for everyone. Some tendency for people to be a bit arrogant. Some inconsistency around who are "good" clients and we will work with, but a consultant would never have to work on a project that conflicted with their values.

People think that there is a clique, and you need to make it easier for new hires to have an impact and be able to navigate the business.

There are newer employer reviews for ThoughtWorks.

Worked for ThoughtWorks? Contribute to the Community!