ThoughtWorks
www.thoughtworks.com Chicago, IL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great place to work if you are very smart, super dedicated to your work, and like to travel and work long hours.

Sales (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I worked at ThoughtWorks full-time for less than a year

ProsA company that hires the best of the best to deliver compelling agile software development and management services to its large global client base. A very fast paced environment that is stimulating as well as demanding. Probably the smartest people I ever worked with.

ConsFull of cliques. Chicago is the center of the universe. Lots of competition for thought leadership. A few sacred cows that are untouchable. Some mid-level managers are real dinks who are fairly dysfunctional. Helps if you are fairly political and can survive in that kind of an environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementCan't wait to see how the innovation of four co-presidents is going to work out.

unfulfilled promises

I have been working at ThoughtWorks

Pros: good pay, great place for young people to work away from home and enjoy the consultant life.… Cons: onboarding promises of location placement are not fulfilled and you may get… More

ThoughtWorks is comprised of very talented people

Principal Consultant (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at ThoughtWorks full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Working with very talented people. Great brand and culture. … Cons: Not many if you can tolerate the traveling/consultant lifestyle and… Advice to Senior Management: Keep senior people honest and relevant by keeping them in… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on ThoughtWorks.

Worked for ThoughtWorks? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ThoughtWorks reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ThoughtWorks CEO Guo Xiao. All reviews posted anonymously by ThoughtWorks employees.