ThreatTrack Security

In transition...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Clearwater, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at ThreatTrack Security full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Although the past year at the company has been rough (as many have pointed out), I feel that the company is starting to turn a corner and find its own identity. You can tell that Julian really cares about the company and the people who work here.

AND of course...covered parking is a plus, as well as our fantastic view of the beach! All joking aside though, we do have a lot of very talented people here who want to succeed. I do learn something new everyday. We have a relaxed-ish environment with minimal micromanaging (at least in my department, I cant speak for all). Having worked in some stuffy corporate environments in the past, its also nice to wear jeans to work :)

Cons

We need some morale boosting, that's for sure.

We have an odd mix of start up mentality and legacy employees left over from the prior companies (GFI and Sunbelt Software). Everyone has an idea of how the company should be run, and nobody is on the same page about it. This proves to be a challenge for management and the executive team.

9 Other Employee Reviews for ThreatTrack Security (View Most Recent)

Past it's prime

Former Employee - Programmer  in  Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Programmer in Clearwater, FL

I worked at ThreatTrack Security full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Bunch of nice people to work along side. Variety of technologies under one roof, lots to learn. Free covered parking.

Cons

Used to be a nice place to work, but there were several layoffs, and most of the management got replaced. Now it's cliquesh, and the rest of the best are leaving voluntarily one by one.

Examine your premises - like "the market is changing", which was used to give up on the core business. Learn how to evaluate how valuable each employee is. Good luck.

Julian is a strong and viable leader, but morale has dipped.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at ThreatTrack Security full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free parking.

Close to Starbucks.

Great CEO.

The CEO, Julian Waits, is a very charismatic and charming people person. He claims he loves his employees, and treats them like family, and it shows. He is known for being direct and clear, and expects the same from his employees. If he needs to say something, rest assured he will say it. This also means that he is very transparent and will not leave you wondering. If he makes a promise, he keeps it.

He also has a wonderful sense of humor, has no trouble peppering a conversation with from the heart (but "HR-unfriendly") words into a conversation, and seems to be a very intelligent, honest fellow. He is certainly at times the glue that holds this company together. I trust him and respect him. It's hard not to, I think -- but apparently not everyone feels that way.

Cons

Company culture does not exist. This is a steady paycheck, but there is practically zero employee interaction other than meetings. Too much is expected of each employee due to layoffs and departures of other employees. We are not hiring enough people to allow employee growth or a desire to interact with each other after hours.

Change is very, very slow to occur here. Suggestions on revamping certain processes have fallen on deaf ears enough that people seem to have stopped trying. Lately, we've had a surge of departures as employees find more promising jobs.

I believe there's a general consensus that HR has done a poor job of engaging employees for any extracurricular events.

Perhaps if Julian spent just a few minutes a day making the rounds and saying hello to employees -- engaging them on what they were working on, I feel like his positive energy could foster better morale. Either way, he might gain a better insight as to why morale has dropped in the last year. We have a great bunch of folks here, but we are disjointed and uncommunicative.

There are newer employer reviews for ThreatTrack Security

Worked for ThreatTrack Security? Contribute to the Community!