There are newer employer reviews for ThredUP

Very smart people, interesting business model, positive growth ahead

Current Employee - Engineer in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ThredUP full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This is a startup with a unique and rapidly changing business model where creative thinking is encouraged. I like being able to work with an eclectic mix of people with backgrounds in engineering, data analytics, consulting, e-commerce, and retail. Coworkers come from companies such as Google, Orbitz, Virgin Atlantic, and Netflix. I have encountered very interesting and fascinating business and technical problems that I have not experienced working anywhere else.

Work from Home Wednesdays - Mostly for the software engineers and corporate employees. This does not apply to distribution center workers and some employees

Free lunch Thursdays - definitely a perk. Catered food that has been great thus far.

Laptop reimbursement - up to a fixed amount. Most people get MacBooks

Good snack selection in the downtown SF office. Ok selection at the distribution center

No vacation policy - accrue vacation days but can take vacation whenever you want. Days are not fixed. Awesome!

Mentorship and training have been great so far. My manager is extremely accessible and knowledgeable. Overall everyone is very helpful and friendly.

Cons

Pay is not the greatest but we do get stock options for if and when the company goes public

No 401k match presently.

Work conditions can be challenging and stressful for distribution center employees who have quotas

Can feel a bit lonely at times if you are not on the engineering team. I'm sure this will change as we grow and hire more people

401k match! Better snack selection for DC office

10 Other Employee Reviews for ThredUP (View Most Recent)

Worst job ever

Current Employee - Merchant in San Leandro, CA
    Current Employee - Merchant in San Leandro, CA

I have been working at ThredUP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

the work there is very easy if you stay at a steady pace you will get your work done with a great job

Cons

People tell on you about eVerything..they don't care about their employees

Focus more on those who are doing well within the company do not accuse people of something they didn't do

Misleading employment

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in San Leandro, CA
    Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in San Leandro, CA

I worked at ThredUP full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great co-workers to work with. I liked that the people were positive and there seemed to be a great vibe.

Cons

Not very much training. I was trained to pick for 2 days and then expected to meet they're extreme goals which wouldn't happen within the small amount of time I started working there. When I was not able to meet they're expectations I was treated differently. They don't seem to care about the employees and how the employees might be suffering physically when trying to meet a 50min goal with 100 items.

Change your system its not working and your treating your employees like crap!! They are worth more then just numbers. Some of them are suffering physically because of your crazy time limit on picking orders. I hope your company does change because at this rate you will never have a committed force of employees who want to stay and work under these unacceptable conditions.

There are newer employer reviews for ThredUP