Threespot Media

www.threespot.com

A great tenure

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsThreespot is a unique and remarkable agency. They're an awesome group of people with a fun culture... there is no small amount of effort put into creating an enjoyable place to work. The work also tends to be excellent: with a client list including the National Park Service, Planned Parenthood, Peace Corps, and the Brookings Institution, you're bound to be working on something new and interesting at regular intervals. Also, the Threespot notion of "we do good work for great clients" does hold some real value in my opinion. Coming from a background at advertising agencies, I can honestly say that my projects at Threespot stood out as work to take pride in.

ConsOn the flip side of Threespot being a unique and remarkable agency, it is very much still an agency, and thus suffers from many of the common agency troubles: accommodating client needs frequently leads to hiccups in resourcing and creeping project scope, non-technical account/project management staff frequently over-promises or under-sells fundamentally technical deliverables, and process tends to favor creative freedom over technical constraints. These factors together tend to create feast-or-famine workloads, and tend to yield outdated solutions. While I didn't feel that Threespot was doing any worse than similar companies in this sector, I did notice increasingly frequent turmoil as they grew in size (probably also very common).

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. I was always able to pull them aside and talk to them directly (which I will miss dearly at any large company that I might work at in the future). I think they're doing a good job of recognizing where they need to course-correct, and I've been proud to work with/for them.

One of the better agencies in DC

Project Manager (Former Employee) Washington, DC

I worked at Threespot Media full-time for more than a year

Pros: Incredibly smart, creative people who are passionate about what they do and who they do it for. Makes a genuine effort to support … Cons: The downside of incredibly smart, creative people is that they tend to over-think/complicate things which causes stress, endless amounts of meetings,… Advice to Senior Management: Too much process can be a bad thing, try to simplify. Stick to the principles that the company was founded on and don't… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Threespot is full of talented, creative and brilliant people

Designer (Current Employee) Washington, DC

I have been working at Threespot Media full-time for more than a year

Pros: Throughout the office, there's a general feeling of empowerment. If you feel like a job should be done, no one will hold you back. It's… Cons: Titles are wish-washy. This helps some workers create innovative work without worrying where their job requirements end; on the other… Advice to Senior Management: As a young employee, new to the field, I sometimes feel really confused and frustrated with my job. When… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Threespot Media.

Worked for Threespot Media? Contribute to the Community!