Depends on the specific program you work for!

Former Employee - Community Support Specialist  in  Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Community Support Specialist in Chicago, IL

I worked at Thresholds full-time for more than a year

Pros

Overall, the organization does a lot of good for a lot of under served people. The work can be very fufilling.

Cons

There are drastic differences in quality of work environment and supervisors between programs. The pay isn't great and there is a lot of tedious paperwork (Medicaid), but this is status quo for social services organizations.

Other Reviews for Thresholds

Great people, great mission, bad pay, deteriorating benefits

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Thresholds

Pros

The people are great and thresholds does great work in the community. The employees genuinely care about the people they are helping and make a real difference in the lives of people with mental illness.

Cons

It is very difficult to operate efficiently when you are funded by the state of Illinois. It makes working their very hard and stressful.

Keep the benefits above average-it's the main thing that keeps people there with the lower pay rates. Time off and flexible schedules are a must!

Rewarding work.....awful team leader!

Current Employee - Community Support Specialist
    Current Employee - Community Support Specialist

I have been working at Thresholds full-time

Pros

Working with the members of Thresholds has been some of the most rewarding work, I have ever done.

Cons

Terrible team leader...complains about upper manangment, very negative, irritable, disorganized...the worst boss I have had in 15 years of social service.

When front line staff talk listen...not all seasoned team leaders are appropriate.

There are newer employer reviews for Thresholds.

Worked for Thresholds? Contribute to the Community!