Thrillist Media Group
www.thrillistmediagroup.com New York, NY 150 to 499 Employees

Had High Hopes, was disappointed

Sales (Former Employee)

I worked at Thrillist Media Group full-time

ProsVery young company with young employees who party and drink all the time. If you do not speak to anyone, it is possible to get far.

ConsOnce something goes wrong, there is no way to redeem oneself, always a target on your back. People are very catty and only want promotions. Promotions based on time, not performance. Very top heavy in upper management, they say our voices are heard and recognized, but that is not the case. There is NO work life balance, hours are extremely long with no appreciation.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees and give at least some positive feedback, negative feedback was heard 99% of the time regardless of level of performance.

It's really going down hill..

I have been working at Thrillist Media Group full-time

Pros: If you like to get drunk all the time this is the… Cons: - Senior staff is seedy, unreliable, and the company itself is in an identity crisis. There is a huge lack of professionalism, promoting "favorites" v.… Advice to Senior Management: Realize the talents in their employees and acknowledge it. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Not once was there a day I wasn't ecstatic to go to work at Thrillist.

Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at Thrillist Media Group as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Awesome Company Culture, No BS Content, Very Often People Are… Cons: The company is growing rapidly, so it's starting to get… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Thrillist Media Group.

Worked for Thrillist Media Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Thrillist Media Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Thrillist Media Group CEO Ben Lerer. All reviews posted anonymously by Thrillist Media Group employees.