There are newer employer reviews for Thrivent Financial

Management doesn't care unless you do well

Former Employee - Financial Representative
Former Employee - Financial Representative

I worked at Thrivent Financial

Pros

Work and life balance -you pretty much set your schedule, good benefits, coworkers are nice, home office staff is knowledgeable and helpful

Cons

I was led to believe this was a position where you help people and that was the main focus. But you only get paid if you sell, so you are a salesperson. If your main goal is to help and advise people, like mine was, you won't make it. You'll go broke trying.
Management only spends time to help you if you are actually doing well, and if you live close to them. I can't tell you how many times I was promised help for things I was struggling with, and it never materialized. I was told by my launch coach that if he came to help me, he wouldn't be available to help those closer to him, which makes me wonder why they hired me to begin with if they wouldn't spend the time to come help me. The manager in charge of helping with the Chapters promised me multiple time he would come meet with my chapters and help me with them. Over a year later, he still hadn't come to help me ONCE.
When I got a new launch coach, it was the same deal. I asked for help, and it was promised but there was no follow through. We even had an appointment which was cancelled so he could go help another FR close a sale. Then I didn't hear from him for almost 3 months until I put in my resignation.

In short--If you can generate money for the company, management will bend over backwards to help you. If not, you will be on your own. All the talk about helping people is lip service..it's a sales job. I ignored other reviews saying the same.

Spend time helping those on the cusp! Isn't it easier and cheaper to help your current people than to hire new ones?? If it's not all about sales, then rework the compensation to reflect FRs efforts in HELPING people. No wonder the company has lost so many members. Listen to the members! They are unhappy!

129 Other Employee Reviews for Thrivent Financial (View Most Recent)

Great Company to work for

I have been working at Thrivent Financial

Pros

Friendly people. Company cares about its employees

Cons

No advancement opportunities. Lots of vacation time given but it is difficult to take in some departments

I love this organization! It is a wonderful company to be associated with.

Current Employee - Financial Associate
    Current Employee - Financial Associate

I have been working at Thrivent Financial

Pros

Best place to work in the country! There is a common concern for every employee as well as every member that has a policy or policies with this company.

Cons

Computers are a fact of life, but constant change of programs & software can drive you crazy! Also it would be great for H.O. employees to know more about how the agents in the field, who work to write the business that fuels the co. work. H.O. voice mail is awful!!!

Making agents computer tech's pretty much cancels out a saleperson abilities... As you hire more techies and your experienced selling agents retire, who is going to sell the industries best products. It is time to reinvest in your experienced (20 years plus) agents. The internet and H.O. FAC will not take their place...

There are newer employer reviews for Thrivent Financial

Worked for Thrivent Financial? Contribute to the Community!