Thrivent Financial

www.thrivent.com
  www.thrivent.com
There are newer employer reviews for Thrivent Financial

Great Company to Work For!

Former Employee - Financial Associate
Former Employee - Financial Associate

I worked at Thrivent Financial full-time

Pros

Thrivent offers a great deal of respect for all of their employees. They offer support from management staff whenever needed.

Cons

Working as a Financial Associate, you will be working in a sales position. Commissions are based off of what products the home office is currently pushing and not on what is necessarily in the best interest of the clients.

133 Other Employee Reviews for Thrivent Financial (View Most Recent)

They recruited me as an insurance rep for them.

I worked at Thrivent Financial

Pros

They have many years of experience backing them. Everyone is very friendly and they are accommodating during the initial process.

Cons

The number of things you have to do in order to begin working. No second chances

A test like the series 6 will never be able to determine if someone will be successful in that career. You lost someone who would have been a great asset to your organization because of one question missed from passing a test.

Management doesn't care unless you do well

Former Employee - Financial Representative
    Former Employee - Financial Representative

I worked at Thrivent Financial

Pros

Work and life balance -you pretty much set your schedule, good benefits, coworkers are nice, home office staff is knowledgeable and helpful

Cons

I was led to believe this was a position where you help people and that was the main focus. But you only get paid if you sell, so you are a salesperson. If your main goal is to help and advise people, like mine was, you won't make it. You'll go broke trying.
    Management only spends time to help you if you are actually doing well, and if you live close to them. I can't tell you how many times I was promised help for things I was struggling with, and it never materialized. I was told by my launch coach that if he came to help me, he wouldn't be available to help those closer to him, which makes me wonder why they hired me to begin with if they wouldn't spend the time to come help me. The manager in charge of helping with the Chapters promised me multiple time he would come meet with my chapters and help me with them. Over a year later, he still hadn't come to help me ONCE.
    When I got a new launch coach, it was the same deal. I asked for help, and it was promised but there was no follow through. We even had an appointment which was cancelled so he could go help another FR close a sale. Then I didn't hear from him for almost 3 months until I put in my resignation.

In short--If you can generate money for the company, management will bend over backwards to help you. If not, you will be on your own. All the talk about helping people is lip service..it's a sales job. I ignored other reviews saying the same.

Spend time helping those on the cusp! Isn't it easier and cheaper to help your current people than to hire new ones?? If it's not all about sales, then rework the compensation to reflect FRs efforts in HELPING people. No wonder the company has lost so many members. Listen to the members! They are unhappy!

There are newer employer reviews for Thrivent Financial