Thrivent Financial
www.thrivent.com Minneapolis, MN 5000+ Employees

True to values, pleasant coworkers, helping people

In Human Resources Areas and Field (Current Employee)
Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Thrivent Financial part-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe values are what make the decisions here. If it isn't best for the members, then it's not happening. That is discussed frequently, and it's important to believe in the company's mission to be engaged here. Volunteering is regularly encouraged and people really care. You can say "Merry Christmas!" and mean it :)

ConsIt's important to be proactive in seeking new opportunities. There are options to try things out, so be sure to use them or the opportunity may pass you by. Try to meet people in other divisions, as there isn't much communication with other areas that are not in line.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep making decisions that are good for your members. Make sure that field and corporate contractors and employees, and the broader communities are aware of all the good Thrivent does. Don't keep us a secret :)

Nice place to start, only if you have someone honest to learn from.

Financial Representative (Former Employee)
Detroit, MI

I worked at Thrivent Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros: +Not your typical cut-throat atmosphere for investment management/ insurance, Good People +Flexibility with schedule +You make as much money as… Cons: -Terrible if you are on your own, lots to learn with little… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great Place to Work

Financial Consultant (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at Thrivent Financial full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Independent schedule Great pay Great Employees and clients Cons: Responsibility of the office expenses, no Home Office support. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Thrivent Financial.

Worked for Thrivent Financial? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Thrivent Financial reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Thrivent Financial CEO Bradford L. Hewitt . All reviews posted anonymously by Thrivent Financial employees.