Great place to intern and learn more about marketing services online

Former Employee - Marketing Intern  in  San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Marketing Intern in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Thumbtack

Pros

Internship spanned across multiple areas of the start up process, given the chance to gain experience in all areas of building a site geared toward services. Daily interaction with executives, all managers are very open to answer questions and assist with any problems, completely hands on. Continuous learning environment. Gained a lot of experience in a short amount of time. Environment reminded me of Google, interns could come to work in comfortable clothing, use their own laptops, and were given free range of offices to choose the most comfortable work environment; believed that if interns were comfortable, there would be great efficiency and productivity.

Cons

During my internship at Thumbtack I can honestly say there were no downsides. The executives/managers even brought in a chef to cook interns lunch and dinner so that we could continue working while getting a great meal!

As mentioned before, GREAT MANAGEMENT! Extremely hands on and friendly, complete transparency and trust from the CEO down to each intern.

Other Reviews for Thumbtack

Awesome environment with talented people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Thumbtack full-time for more than a year

Pros

Exceptional people; pretty much everyone is very good at what they do. No tolerance for jerks and a nice departure from the increasingly common "brogrammer" startup culture. Lots of opportunity for trying new things and stretching yourself. Everyone really cares about what the company is trying to accomplish. Solid work/life balance - people work hard, but no one is afraid to take vacation or work from home if the cable guy's coming.

Cons

The flip side of lots of independence is that there isn't the degree of mentorship or training you might find a more established company - you really have to seek it out and make it happen.

This team is awesome and the opportunity is incredible

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Thumbtack full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- The team is really amazing. People are whip smart, thoughtful, and hard working while simultaneously being humble and earnest. Thumbtack optimizes its hiring process for people who are 1. humble, 2. really super smart, and 3. mission-driven. You can see the outcome of this process in the current team - I seriously feel like I learn so much from my colleagues - both on a professional and personal level - every day. I feel so lucky and blessed to be here.
    - The opportunity is incredible for two reasons: 1. the enormous size of what we're going after is insane - we're trying to improve the way the entire professional services economy is run globally!! - and 2. we're helping real people in the real world. Literally every day we have service professionals write in to us and thank us for building Thumbtack - "I was down on my luck and out of work, then I found Thumbtack. Thumbtack has transformed my life. I'm now able to put food on the table for my family again, feel proud of myself again, I just bought a new pickup truck and am finally able to invest in myself..." Seriously. Every day. I can't tell you how good it feels to build a product that affects so many people in the real world so positively.

Cons

- The distance between the current product and its potential is huge - this can be frustrating. I sometimes wish we were able to move 10x faster than we currently do!
    - It's a relatively young company - there is tons of room here for people of all experience levels but particularly for people who have been around the block and can contribute managerial and general company-building expertise.

There are newer employer reviews for Thumbtack.

Worked for Thumbtack? Contribute to the Community!