Thumbtack

www.thumbtack.com

Great place to intern and learn more about marketing services online

Marketing Intern (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsInternship spanned across multiple areas of the start up process, given the chance to gain experience in all areas of building a site geared toward services. Daily interaction with executives, all managers are very open to answer questions and assist with any problems, completely hands on. Continuous learning environment. Gained a lot of experience in a short amount of time. Environment reminded me of Google, interns could come to work in comfortable clothing, use their own laptops, and were given free range of offices to choose the most comfortable work environment; believed that if interns were comfortable, there would be great efficiency and productivity.

ConsDuring my internship at Thumbtack I can honestly say there were no downsides. The executives/managers even brought in a chef to cook interns lunch and dinner so that we could continue working while getting a great meal!

Advice to Senior ManagementAs mentioned before, GREAT MANAGEMENT! Extremely hands on and friendly, complete transparency and trust from the CEO down to each intern.

Thumbtack is an incredible place to work in a contagious collaborative environment with very sharp people.

Product Team (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Thumbtack full-time for less than a year

Pros: Thumbtack has been a dream place to work at - everyone here is super smart, driven, and cares about the customers and professionals we are… Cons: We move lightning quick - sometimes it's tough to keep track of everything happening at once, but that… Advice to Senior Management: I've never questioned the decisions made by everyone in senior management here. The benefits/compensation are second to none - more than I could… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Momentum

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Thumbtack full-time

Pros: Thumbtack is an ideal work environment: thoughtful and smart colleagues oriented around a massive, challenging problem that has a lot of momentum. The culture focuses on… Cons: Keeping up with growth and scale is not always easy. I wish there were… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Thumbtack.

Worked for Thumbtack? Contribute to the Community!