Thumbtack

www.thumbtack.com
  www.thumbtack.com
There are newer employer reviews for Thumbtack

There are so many great things about working at Thumbtack.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Thumbtack full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- The people that work here are amazing. They are smart, driven, and thoughtful, and most importantly they are people that you want to be around. Thumbtack is a community, and the culture is awesome. Please spend time with each other because they want to. For example, today our book club met (we're reading Season of the Witch--it's great) and we recently started a rock climbing group.
- The work is meaningful. Thumbtack has helped so many small business owners grow their businesses, and their stories are inspiring.
- The work is flexible. As a software engineer, I have a lot of autonomy and the freedom to work when and where I am most productive.
- The company is super transparent.
- The perks are great. A yoga instructor comes to the office and teaches a class every Thursday morning. We have an amazing chef who cooks super healthy lunch and dinner every day.

Cons

- The office is a little cramped and loud right now, but that's because we're growing so much! We're moving into a new office soon.

17 Other Employee Reviews for Thumbtack (View Most Recent)

Great place to be introduced to the start-up world

Former Employee - Summer Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Summer Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Thumbtack as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I worked as a summer intern, focusing on data analysis and SEO. This was a wonderful opportunity for me, since I had very little experience in the field, but with a little help, I was able to accomplish a lot. The company is so small that I was daily able to see all the different aspects that went into running a company. Not only are the people smart and driven, the work atmosphere was very focused on making the company cohesive - Friday meetings where everyone shared a little of what they were working on, daily all-company lunches and dinners (with a chef!), ping pong table, etc. I had a wonderful summer and I would highly recommend Thumbtack to anyone. Also, they just raised a lot of money from Sequoia!

Cons

There were very few downsides to working at Thumbtack - and any downside seems more to do with characteristics of start-ups, rather than with Thumbtack in particular. Since it is such a small company, don't expect them to do any hand-holding. No one really has much time for that, but they're very willing to point out a couple helpful things if you ask. Also, it sounds like the particular chef they previous hired is leaving, but I'm sure they will hire a good replacement.

I think very highly of the management!

Great place to intern and learn more about marketing services online

Former Employee - Marketing Intern in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Thumbtack

Pros

Internship spanned across multiple areas of the start up process, given the chance to gain experience in all areas of building a site geared toward services. Daily interaction with executives, all managers are very open to answer questions and assist with any problems, completely hands on. Continuous learning environment. Gained a lot of experience in a short amount of time. Environment reminded me of Google, interns could come to work in comfortable clothing, use their own laptops, and were given free range of offices to choose the most comfortable work environment; believed that if interns were comfortable, there would be great efficiency and productivity.

Cons

During my internship at Thumbtack I can honestly say there were no downsides. The executives/managers even brought in a chef to cook interns lunch and dinner so that we could continue working while getting a great meal!

As mentioned before, GREAT MANAGEMENT! Extremely hands on and friendly, complete transparency and trust from the CEO down to each intern.

There are newer employer reviews for Thumbtack