There are newer employer reviews for Thumbtack

Amazing team tackling huge opportunity

Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Thumbtack full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Be surrounded by incredibly sharp and driven team members. From engineering to customer operations the team is really, really strong.
- Work in a collaborative, chill atmosphere. While everyone wants to build something great, people are very relaxed at work, which fosters a friendly, warm and collaborative environment. It's driven by the personalities of the founders.
- Have a meaningful impact on people's lives. We're helping our customers accomplish some of their most important projects (e.g., putting a new roof over their home or planning their wedding). We're also helping our professionals grow their businesses and put food on the table for their families. This is really gratifying. And it's not just for people right around us in SF, but it's happening across the country.

Cons

- While the team is long on smarts, it's not very experienced. For people early in their career, there's plenty of mentorship, but for those who have some experience, it's hard to find a lot of mentorship within the company. The team is actively looking to bring in more experienced team members, which should change this balance in the next few months.

reviews filtered by

Thumbtack is an incredible place to work in a contagious collaborative environment with very sharp people.

Current Employee - Product Team in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Product Team in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Thumbtack full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Thumbtack has been a dream place to work at - everyone here is super smart, driven, and cares about the customers and professionals we are striving to help achieve. The startup environment is still very much alive, and there are so many perks of working here it's hard to describe - incredible breakfast/lunch/dinners, rooftop deck, a kegerator, and all the snacks you could ever want. But the backbone of the company is the incredible coworkers I'm lucky enough to work with daily.

Cons

We move lightning quick - sometimes it's tough to keep track of everything happening at once, but that is also part of the experience. I will forever be a better person because of my time here.

Advice to Management

I've never questioned the decisions made by everyone in senior management here. The benefits/compensation are second to none - more than I could have ever dreamed. Training is sometimes reactive, but it can be difficult to gauge what is needed ahead of time in a startup environment.

Momentum

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Thumbtack full-time

Pros

Thumbtack is an ideal work environment: thoughtful and smart colleagues oriented around a massive, challenging problem that has a lot of momentum.

The culture focuses on thoughtful, data-driven decision making and dedication to the product. There are great perks like a beautiful office and fantastic chefs who cook lunch and dinner every day.

Cons

Keeping up with growth and scale is not always easy. I wish there were 10 of me, and 10 of each of my colleagues, to keep up with everything.

There are newer employer reviews for Thumbtack