Thumbtack

www.thumbtack.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Thumbtack

Amazing team tackling huge opportunity

Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Thumbtack full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Be surrounded by incredibly sharp and driven team members. From engineering to customer operations the team is really, really strong.
- Work in a collaborative, chill atmosphere. While everyone wants to build something great, people are very relaxed at work, which fosters a friendly, warm and collaborative environment. It's driven by the personalities of the founders.
- Have a meaningful impact on people's lives. We're helping our customers accomplish some of their most important projects (e.g., putting a new roof over their home or planning their wedding). We're also helping our professionals grow their businesses and put food on the table for their families. This is really gratifying. And it's not just for people right around us in SF, but it's happening across the country.

Cons

- While the team is long on smarts, it's not very experienced. For people early in their career, there's plenty of mentorship, but for those who have some experience, it's hard to find a lot of mentorship within the company. The team is actively looking to bring in more experienced team members, which should change this balance in the next few months.

24 Other Employee Reviews for Thumbtack (View Most Recent)

Cool place to work - hip, friendly, and lots of young, smart people.

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Thumbtack as a contractor

Pros

Some of the most open minded and intelligent people I've ever worked with. Great food, great culture, great overall feel - I was always excited to come to work there.

Cons

Company has some growing pains and confusion on where leadership comes from.

Momentum

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Thumbtack full-time

Pros

Thumbtack is an ideal work environment: thoughtful and smart colleagues oriented around a massive, challenging problem that has a lot of momentum.

The culture focuses on thoughtful, data-driven decision making and dedication to the product. There are great perks like a beautiful office and fantastic chefs who cook lunch and dinner every day.

Cons

Keeping up with growth and scale is not always easy. I wish there were 10 of me, and 10 of each of my colleagues, to keep up with everything.

There are newer employer reviews for Thumbtack