There are newer employer reviews for Thumbtack

Thumbtack is an incredible place to work in a contagious collaborative environment with very sharp people.

Current Employee - Product Team in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Product Team in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Thumbtack full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Thumbtack has been a dream place to work at - everyone here is super smart, driven, and cares about the customers and professionals we are striving to help achieve. The startup environment is still very much alive, and there are so many perks of working here it's hard to describe - incredible breakfast/lunch/dinners, rooftop deck, a kegerator, and all the snacks you could ever want. But the backbone of the company is the incredible coworkers I'm lucky enough to work with daily.

Cons

We move lightning quick - sometimes it's tough to keep track of everything happening at once, but that is also part of the experience. I will forever be a better person because of my time here.

Advice to Management

I've never questioned the decisions made by everyone in senior management here. The benefits/compensation are second to none - more than I could have ever dreamed. Training is sometimes reactive, but it can be difficult to gauge what is needed ahead of time in a startup environment.

reviews filtered by

Momentum

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Thumbtack full-time

Pros

Thumbtack is an ideal work environment: thoughtful and smart colleagues oriented around a massive, challenging problem that has a lot of momentum.

The culture focuses on thoughtful, data-driven decision making and dedication to the product. There are great perks like a beautiful office and fantastic chefs who cook lunch and dinner every day.

Cons

Keeping up with growth and scale is not always easy. I wish there were 10 of me, and 10 of each of my colleagues, to keep up with everything.

There are so many great things about working at Thumbtack.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Thumbtack full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- The people that work here are amazing. They are smart, driven, and thoughtful, and most importantly they are people that you want to be around. Thumbtack is a community, and the culture is awesome. Please spend time with each other because they want to. For example, today our book club met (we're reading Season of the Witch--it's great) and we recently started a rock climbing group.
    - The work is meaningful. Thumbtack has helped so many small business owners grow their businesses, and their stories are inspiring.
    - The work is flexible. As a software engineer, I have a lot of autonomy and the freedom to work when and where I am most productive.
    - The company is super transparent.
    - The perks are great. A yoga instructor comes to the office and teaches a class every Thursday morning. We have an amazing chef who cooks super healthy lunch and dinner every day.

Cons

- The office is a little cramped and loud right now, but that's because we're growing so much! We're moving into a new office soon.