There are newer employer reviews for Thumbtack

Thumbtack is an incredible place to work in a contagious collaborative environment with very sharp people.

Current Employee - Product Team  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Product Team in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Thumbtack full-time for less than a year

Pros

Thumbtack has been a dream place to work at - everyone here is super smart, driven, and cares about the customers and professionals we are striving to help achieve. The startup environment is still very much alive, and there are so many perks of working here it's hard to describe - incredible breakfast/lunch/dinners, rooftop deck, a kegerator, and all the snacks you could ever want. But the backbone of the company is the incredible coworkers I'm lucky enough to work with daily.

Cons

We move lightning quick - sometimes it's tough to keep track of everything happening at once, but that is also part of the experience. I will forever be a better person because of my time here.

I've never questioned the decisions made by everyone in senior management here. The benefits/compensation are second to none - more than I could have ever dreamed. Training is sometimes reactive, but it can be difficult to gauge what is needed ahead of time in a startup environment.

11 Other Employee Reviews for Thumbtack (View Most Recent)

Amazing team tackling huge opportunity

Current Employee - Product Manager  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Thumbtack full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Be surrounded by incredibly sharp and driven team members. From engineering to customer operations the team is really, really strong.
    - Work in a collaborative, chill atmosphere. While everyone wants to build something great, people are very relaxed at work, which fosters a friendly, warm and collaborative environment. It's driven by the personalities of the founders.
    - Have a meaningful impact on people's lives. We're helping our customers accomplish some of their most important projects (e.g., putting a new roof over their home or planning their wedding). We're also helping our professionals grow their businesses and put food on the table for their families. This is really gratifying. And it's not just for people right around us in SF, but it's happening across the country.

Cons

- While the team is long on smarts, it's not very experienced. For people early in their career, there's plenty of mentorship, but for those who have some experience, it's hard to find a lot of mentorship within the company. The team is actively looking to bring in more experienced team members, which should change this balance in the next few months.

There are so many great things about working at Thumbtack.

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Thumbtack full-time for less than a year

Pros

- The people that work here are amazing. They are smart, driven, and thoughtful, and most importantly they are people that you want to be around. Thumbtack is a community, and the culture is awesome. Please spend time with each other because they want to. For example, today our book club met (we're reading Season of the Witch--it's great) and we recently started a rock climbing group.
    - The work is meaningful. Thumbtack has helped so many small business owners grow their businesses, and their stories are inspiring.
    - The work is flexible. As a software engineer, I have a lot of autonomy and the freedom to work when and where I am most productive.
    - The company is super transparent.
    - The perks are great. A yoga instructor comes to the office and teaches a class every Thursday morning. We have an amazing chef who cooks super healthy lunch and dinner every day.

Cons

- The office is a little cramped and loud right now, but that's because we're growing so much! We're moving into a new office soon.

There are newer employer reviews for Thumbtack

Worked for Thumbtack? Contribute to the Community!