Overall, working for Thycotic is a dead-end. I'm less and less interested to work here as time goes on.

I have been working at Thycotic full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good health benefits. I enjoy most of my coworkers. Free lunch on most Wednesdays is nice.

Cons

No career path. "Goals" for getting bonus are rediculous. Leadership and consistent vision is sorely lacking. Pay is average for DC at best.

Reevaluate leadership structure. Consider hiring real management experience. Stop making promises that aren't realistic. Develop long term organizational plans and goals - then stick to them.

Thycotic Response

Jun 25, 2013CEO

Thanks for your candid feedback.

I am not sure how outside leadership would be better than team leads who have proven their worth - that doesn't seem like the Thycotic team way to hire in unknown
... More

Other Reviews for Thycotic

Passionate place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Thycotic full-time

Pros

Lots of freedom to work on your own - no micro management
    Flat management structure - team leads support the team
    Free lunch on Wednesdays
    Awesome goal program with real money every 6 months - all based on personal growth
    Great software that customers love - rewarding to work with good stuff
    Beautiful office space
    Very supportive team - lots of mentoring and help - lots of team work
    Typical 40-45 hour weeks
    Great healthcare/dental and 401k benefits
    Generous vacation time

Cons

Engineers don't have personal space - all team space
    Sales folks have activity quotas
    Hard work is expected
    Career path isn't always clear but that is improving as the company gets bigger
    Responsibility can often be given to people before they are ready - you will be stretched

More career planning and better understanding of path to promotions/raises
    CEO is overworked - need more senior people to share the load

Thycotic Response

Jun 25, 2013CEO

Thanks for all the great things you said about our team.

We have started in the last 6 months to get some outside HR help to assist with onboarding of new hires, improving the documentation of our
    ... More

Great environment and awesome industry with ability to grow.

I have been working at Thycotic full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Great team. I really enjoy the people with whom I work across all departments.
    - Great company culture. Laid back but most everyone works hard. People have autonomy for the most part. Micro-managing is nearly non-existent.
    - Working in a fast paced and growing industry. Industry trends are always changing which make for an interesting and exciting challenge.
    - Travel both domestic and international.
    - On-par compensation plans, depending on your department.
    - Honest care from management. Small business usually has this as people work closely across all departments.
    - Most people care about their craft. "When you stop learning, you die."
    - Hard work is starting to become recognized more often.
    - Very strong collaborative environment!
    - Organic growth with no external funding. One of the few if not only companies in this space/industry which is not backed by a multi-million/billion dollar company or VC fund. This means company cares about the solutions we sell and the problems we solve. No external shareholders or management dictating the direction of the company.

- Overall great place to work and would definitely recommend this company to people looking to work in a small but growing environment in a very fast paced and ever-changing industry. There are waves to be made, and this company is definitely making waves. We have dramatically increased our brand awareness and constantly eating away at our competitors stake in the industry. With a little more time spent on development, we will soon outpace our competitors and be the gold standard within the PAM space. As long as we keep to our roots and do what we do best, we will continue to shine and make a name for ourselves.

Cons

- Some collaborative tasks are hard to get passed through management. However this trend is shifting and teams are given more autonomy.
    - Come review time, you will have to prove your worth to the company to receive bonuses. Sometimes hard for non Type-A personalities to achieve this.
    - Certain individuals can dictate projects or shut down ideas because of their tenure and/or strong personalities - once again this trend is starting to shift. Sometimes senior management either ignores and/or is blind to this happening.
    - Personal growth is slow but feasible. Remember, this is still a small but growing business. Not everyone can be a manager.

Keep on doing what you are doing. I think the company is definitely headed in the right direction. I would continue the trend of giving teams more autonomy and only stepping in when problems are imminent. Even then, it's good to let people bump their head and learn from mistakes (unless it will be a very expensive mistake). I think a clear picture of the future of the company and the direction management wants to take it, needs to presented to the company in a more open format. We are definitely given the "why" things are happening, but where do we see the company in 5-10 years, and how are we going to empower our teams to take the company there? Are we giving the teams the right tools to succeed?

There are newer employer reviews for Thycotic.

Worked for Thycotic? Contribute to the Community!