Thycotic

www.thycotic.com
  www.thycotic.com
There are newer employer reviews for Thycotic

Although the overall experience was a net-positive, I disliked working at Thycotic Software.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Thycotic full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I liked most of my coworkers and felt they supported me. It is nice working in downtown DC - close to metro. Benefits were good and the pay was average.

Cons

I disliked the leadership and felt there was a high level of unrealistic expectation across the board. If you were a yes-person, you get ahead. I am not and never will be a yes-person. I felt that there was a general misrepresentation of the the company and the position requirements. Most of my efforts went unnoticed and/or under-appreciated. I expected no recognition having worked in thankless jobs before, but what I didn't expect was retribution.

Being a small company, either hire outside consulting for general HR/operational management or hire a full time office manager and staff manager. Owner/CEO is unfit for long term management - a common problem for start-ups.

Jun 25, 2013CEO

I am pretty sure this individual was fired for poor performance. I will let you draw your own conclusions from this fox's sour grapes.

17 Other Employee Reviews for Thycotic (View Most Recent)

Great place to work with great people

Former Employee - Engineer in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Engineer in Washington, DC

I worked at Thycotic full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent opportunity to work with talented devs doing cutting-edge development.

Cons

At the time I worked there, they did pair-programming. Judging by the photos, it looks like that may have been abandoned. I will say I did learn a lot doing it though.

Considering you keep moving to bigger and better locations, keep doing whatever it is you are doing.

Jun 25, 2013CEO

Thanks for the kind words. We still do pair programming on the R&D side. It continues to be very valuable for secure coding practices, sharing coding best practices, learning the codebase and also ... More

Fun Place to work with great people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Thycotic full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good office location, great office space.
    Challenging but rewarding work.
    Small-ish company, your opinions don't get lost or brushed off, everyone's feedback matters. Everyone works together, successes and failures are made by team efforts.
    Co-workers are fun and easy to work with.
    Fantastic health benefits.
    Catered lunch on Mondays.

Cons

Hours can be excessive (though infrequently, and how much is up to the individual)

The CEO is spread a little thin, but this seems to be getting better. Make an effort to interact with everyone (pleasantries only go so far) that doesn't normally get the opportunity to do so.

Jun 25, 2013CEO

Thanks for all the great words.

We need to do more company events so everyone gets to know everyone. I will make sure this happens - thanks for the feedback!

There are newer employer reviews for Thycotic