There are newer employer reviews for Thycotic

Great place to start out...

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC

I worked at Thycotic full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very fast paced and academic environment which embraces the proper way to develop. Any new developer will grow their skills extremely fast in this company. Lot of smart people using the newest and coolest tools.

Cons

Don't expect to get a lot of leadership growth and potential from this company. You are a developer and that is it. A hired gun. You will not get any say in the direction or decision making of the company no matter how long you stay. You are expected to give about 50 hour of your own time to grow as a developer (work on other projects for the company, get certified, etc.) and in exchange you might or might not get a good bonus.

You're making a boatload of money off the backs of very skilled junior developers and you know what is best for but you and your company BUT please don't try to convince your employees that you have their best interests at heart.

Jul 23, 2013CEO

Ok. I don't think our team would agree with you. We would never describe an engineer at Thycotic as a "hired gun". We gather feedback all the time and it is implemented (retrospective meetings are ... More

reviews filtered by
  1. Although the overall experience was a net-positive, I disliked working at Thycotic Software.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Thycotic full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I liked most of my coworkers and felt they supported me. It is nice working in downtown DC - close to metro. Benefits were good and the pay was average.

Cons

I disliked the leadership and felt there was a high level of unrealistic expectation across the board. If you were a yes-person, you get ahead. I am not and never will be a yes-person. I felt that there was a general misrepresentation of the the company and the position requirements. Most of my efforts went unnoticed and/or under-appreciated. I expected no recognition having worked in thankless jobs before, but what I didn't expect was retribution.

Being a small company, either hire outside consulting for general HR/operational management or hire a full time office manager and staff manager. Owner/CEO is unfit for long term management - a common problem for start-ups.

Jun 25, 2013CEO

I am pretty sure this individual was fired for poor performance. I will let you draw your own conclusions from this fox's sour grapes.

2. Great place to work with great people

Former Employee - Engineer in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Engineer in Washington, DC

I worked at Thycotic full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Excellent opportunity to work with talented devs doing cutting-edge development.

Cons

At the time I worked there, they did pair-programming. Judging by the photos, it looks like that may have been abandoned. I will say I did learn a lot doing it though.

Considering you keep moving to bigger and better locations, keep doing whatever it is you are doing.

Jun 25, 2013CEO

Thanks for the kind words. We still do pair programming on the R&D side. It continues to be very valuable for secure coding practices, sharing coding best practices, learning the codebase and also ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Thycotic