Thycotic

www.thycotic.com
  www.thycotic.com
There are newer employer reviews for Thycotic

Great place to work with a fast-growing company

I have been working at Thycotic full-time

Pros

-Small team
-Great product in high demand-You will get some of the praise!!
-Evolving industry, so lots of room for product development, suggestions.
-Excellent leadership with open-minded and experienced professionals
-Quick implementation of great ideas and ways of doing things
-Open space interaction yet good personal space
-AMAZING benefits-Pay is also very good.
-You can work on many different projects if you really want to.
-Casual wear every day. You could technically wear a tie and you could still fit in.
-Free lunches on Wednesday; great way to interact more with other team members that are not that close to you.
-The list goes on.

Cons

It's a small company with a great and evolving product, so expect some change and adjustments around the product and your work. This could be a Pro as well. I can't think of any other con.

Keep attracting great people with a good dose of flexibility, and great work experience.

Jul 23, 2013CEO

Thanks for the great review.

17 Other Employee Reviews for Thycotic (View Most Recent)

Good place to work

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC

I worked at Thycotic full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I worked here for a few years and it was a great place to start my career. I learned and developed a lot of best practices that I will continue to use. Even now, working at another company, it is surprising how effective the agile practices are and how much respect I get from applying them when most employees don't. For example, Thycotic really teaches you not only how to test your code well, but also how important testing it really is.

- Opportunities are there to advance your career
    - Good health benefits
    - Coworkers are fun to be around
    - Good processes mean that the environment is extremely low-stress, but things still get done pretty fast
    - Lots of learning opportunities

Cons

Career advancement opportunities are more push than pull. If you want to get promoted, want a big raise, or want to have more responsibilities, it is up to you to bring it up to management.

Actively engage with employees to help advance their career. Don't wait for them to come to you. To attract more employees, I suggest having more of a "start-up" vibe. Some ideas might be to eliminate timesheets and have more lenient hours (i.e., 11 am standup). To remain competitive with startups and larger tech companies, and to keep employees highly motivated, look into stock options or, more feasibly, profit sharing.

Sep 1, 2013CEO

Thanks for the great review.

We do check in with all staff every 6 months from a career perspective during goals review - some speak up and want more responsibility, others don't. Moving up
    ... More

Great place to start out...

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC

I worked at Thycotic full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very fast paced and academic environment which embraces the proper way to develop. Any new developer will grow their skills extremely fast in this company. Lot of smart people using the newest and coolest tools.

Cons

Don't expect to get a lot of leadership growth and potential from this company. You are a developer and that is it. A hired gun. You will not get any say in the direction or decision making of the company no matter how long you stay. You are expected to give about 50 hour of your own time to grow as a developer (work on other projects for the company, get certified, etc.) and in exchange you might or might not get a good bonus.

You're making a boatload of money off the backs of very skilled junior developers and you know what is best for but you and your company BUT please don't try to convince your employees that you have their best interests at heart.

Jul 23, 2013CEO

Ok. I don't think our team would agree with you. We would never describe an engineer at Thycotic as a "hired gun". We gather feedback all the time and it is implemented (retrospective meetings are ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Thycotic