Thycotic

www.thycotic.com
  www.thycotic.com
There are newer employer reviews for Thycotic

Great company working in a very necessary space

Former Employee - Account Manager
Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Thycotic full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Security. Thycotic's products are extremely necessary for every business and organization in the world. Everywhere. No doubt, this company is only going to continue booming.
-Open office space encourages teamwork
-Friendly office mates
-Organize your own schedule during the day
-Valuable learning experience. The CEO encourages employees to write goals relevant to your professional and personal growth, and gives you bonuses according to your level of achievement. It's like you're getting paid to learn what you want.
-CEO is very transparent with team. All-hands meetings and status meetings to keep the entire team filled in on company goals.
-New ideas are welcomed and valued.

Perks:
-Travel
-Benefits!
-Bonuses
-Team lunches every week

Cons

-It's still a start-up, so your job may require multiple functions. You should be flexible, adaptable, and willing to work hard.
-Since the company is still new and maturing, you don't exactly have the resources that more established companies have. (i.e. HR, procedures, certain contracts for business, etc.)
-Lots of meetings (can be bad on an already-busy day)
-Not much room for promotions as it is still a small company. However, as the tools develop and the company continues to grow, there is no doubt that growth opportunities will arise.

Mgmt, you definitely care about your employees and consider all of our opinions and thoughts with genuine interest. However, you can be really hard to persuade into changing procedures that still may be better for the company in the long run.
-You have a huge work load. Get a sales manager to manage your sales team!

Sep 1, 2013CEO

Thanks for the great review. We have introduced a Senior Account Manager position and have our first Senior Account Manager (you can guess who). This will help with the sales management side ... More

17 Other Employee Reviews for Thycotic (View Most Recent)

Great place to work with a fast-growing company

I have been working at Thycotic full-time

Pros

-Small team
    -Great product in high demand-You will get some of the praise!!
    -Evolving industry, so lots of room for product development, suggestions.
    -Excellent leadership with open-minded and experienced professionals
    -Quick implementation of great ideas and ways of doing things
    -Open space interaction yet good personal space
    -AMAZING benefits-Pay is also very good.
    -You can work on many different projects if you really want to.
    -Casual wear every day. You could technically wear a tie and you could still fit in.
    -Free lunches on Wednesday; great way to interact more with other team members that are not that close to you.
    -The list goes on.

Cons

It's a small company with a great and evolving product, so expect some change and adjustments around the product and your work. This could be a Pro as well. I can't think of any other con.

Keep attracting great people with a good dose of flexibility, and great work experience.

Jul 23, 2013CEO

Thanks for the great review.

Good place to work

Former Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC

I worked at Thycotic full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked here for a few years and it was a great place to start my career. I learned and developed a lot of best practices that I will continue to use. Even now, working at another company, it is surprising how effective the agile practices are and how much respect I get from applying them when most employees don't. For example, Thycotic really teaches you not only how to test your code well, but also how important testing it really is.

- Opportunities are there to advance your career
    - Good health benefits
    - Coworkers are fun to be around
    - Good processes mean that the environment is extremely low-stress, but things still get done pretty fast
    - Lots of learning opportunities

Cons

Career advancement opportunities are more push than pull. If you want to get promoted, want a big raise, or want to have more responsibilities, it is up to you to bring it up to management.

Actively engage with employees to help advance their career. Don't wait for them to come to you. To attract more employees, I suggest having more of a "start-up" vibe. Some ideas might be to eliminate timesheets and have more lenient hours (i.e., 11 am standup). To remain competitive with startups and larger tech companies, and to keep employees highly motivated, look into stock options or, more feasibly, profit sharing.

Sep 1, 2013CEO

Thanks for the great review.

We do check in with all staff every 6 months from a career perspective during goals review - some speak up and want more responsibility, others don't. Moving up
    ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Thycotic

Worked for Thycotic? Contribute to the Community!