Thycotic

www.thycotic.com
  www.thycotic.com
There are newer employer reviews for Thycotic

I'm very blessed to work here.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Account Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Thycotic full-time (less than an year)

Pros

zero micro managment
positive people
fun atmosphere
hard workers all around
people care about their craft
knowledgeable staff
great perks
great flexibility
great industry
food, so much food
casual dress
great paid time off (PTO)
great recruiting methods
growing organization
bright future

Cons

learning technology is challenging and there aren't a ton of reading or video resources to draw from so you need to have a bit of a go get em attitude about learning your craft, inexperienced sales team but at the same time, they're so excited to get better and learn and grow and everyone is humble

have more recognition meetings baked into the schedule for motivation and positive news and individual recognition

Nov 4, 2014CEO

Thank you for taking the time to write this review - it means a lot. We can only grow and improve things if we know about them.

We have had multiple suggestions to provide more recognition for
... More

17 Other Employee Reviews for Thycotic (View Most Recent)

Better than I'd dreamed

Current Employee - Engineer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Engineer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Thycotic full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Everyone at the company is your friend. You will constantly be encouraged in what you do and constantly challenged to improve yourself. I am excited to go to work everyday in this amazing atmosphere, doing what I love daily.

Cons

I have yet to find anything that dissatisfies me, and I've been working here for a year.

Keep up the brilliant work.

Jun 23, 2014CEO

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review - I am so proud of our team that we can get such great comments - they are an amazing crew right across the board.

You will work hard, but you will never starve!

Former Employee - Confidential in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Confidential in Washington, DC

I worked at Thycotic full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You will never starve - employees receive a catered lunch once a week, and there are plenty of leftovers. In some cases, employees are bringing in food and leaving it in the kitchen for all to eat. The company also sponsors social occasions a few times a year where you can eat great food and have a good time.

Close to many food vending trucks and restaurants. All within easy walking distance. Near a great park to sit and relax.

Accessible to two metro stops.

Great benefits and vacation plan. The company really looks out for you.

Small gym in the office building available for free for all tenants.

Casual work environment - keep your suits and ties at home. You don’t have to worry about the dry cleaning bill. Business casual.

Small office library with good books.

Investing in the company - the CEO is investing some profits back into the company by hiring new employees, purchasing new equipment, and expanding the office space. There is a real commitment to constantly improve the products.

Products - good reputation in the industry. Improvements are always being made. There is a real effort to get customer feedback and incorporate their suggestions. Employees really care about their work.

Open to new ideas - you don’t have to be a wallflower. If you have a good idea or suggestion, speak up. People will listen, and sometimes, they will even like what you have to say.

Cons

Hard work - you will have to work hard. If you are seeking an easy 9 to 5 job, look elsewhere. Many employees come to work early and work late, depending on the projects or assignments. It can be difficult to establish a work/life balance. However, there is enough vacation time to help reduce burnout and stress.

Fast paced work environment - if you are use to working in a more structured or conservative work environment, Thycotic may not be the place for you. Because of the industry, changes can occur very rapidly, which can sometimes lead to confusion. New policies are constantly being added or being amended. You need to keep up. Although the company started in the mid-1990s, it still has a start-up feel to it, and still has some growing pains. While working in a company with a start-up vibe may be romantic to some, if you come from a large company, you could be in for a cultural shock.

Promotions - there is not always a set structure on how people are promoted. It is usually up to the CEO. Because the company has only an HR consultant who is onsite maybe once or twice a week, there is not always formal promotional structure or printed announcements. Unlike a publicly owned company or a governmental agency, there is no requirement to officially announce new job openings. So it can be a little unclear about what you have to do to be promoted. But the good news is that no one is walking around wearing the "high hat" or being bossy. If you prefer getting on a fast promotional track, you may be better off working for a major corporation.

Love thy neighbor - if you love working in an office with your own desk, or behind high cubicles, Thycotic may not be the place for you. The company has an open office seating policy. While great for consulting with your neighbors, it can lead to distractions and the office can be a little noisy at times. You better have a high degree of concentration and self-discipline to focus on your work. There are private areas to work if you really need to concentrate, but I wouldn’t make it a habit.

Jun 23, 2014CEO

Thank you for the very detailed review. Your experience seems to have been very positive which is nice to hear. I agree that Thycotic is a culture of hard work and can be fast-paced but I wouldn't ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Thycotic