ThyssenKrupp Elevator

www.thyssenkruppelevator.com

Repeat Review

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Anchorage, AK

ProsFair to good benefit package. Holidays are generally days one is given off as the offices are closed. If the Holiday is one where as the office needs to be open, it is considered a "floating holiday" and the day off can be used at a later date (typically must be used with the same pay-period however, so flexibility isn't real great.)

Cons"National Purchasing" system idea was supposed to save $$. Time wasted trying to figure out what job a received shipment goes to, where costs for this are to be charged, not to mention the fact that the persons in charge of shipping the items (or ordering them from a vendor for shipment) do not seem to pay any notice to a change of address when a branch moves or the ship-to address requested in the case the item is for a job/repair out of town. So, things are received at the wrong location, then must be re-directed to the correct location; costing much more in time and dollars. This whole system has just caused more headache, wasted time-translating to higher costs to the branches, etc.
TKE has the "wonderful" timekeeping system. Employees, except of course "management" and "field" must punch in & out on a computer (ie: employees who actually make the higher wages, and less accountability for how the days time is spent in actuality). The system "rounds" as a normal time clock does, so one can actually lose or gain a quarter hour pay if the system is responding slowly when trying to log-in/log-out or punch in or out. Also, because of "time-keeping", the work day is actually less productive. Prior to all this I would finish up tasks @ the end of the day before I went home (tied up loose ends). Then if it did take me an extra 15 minutes to complete something so the next day could begin new or a manager needed something they could get a start 1st thing in the morning instead of waiting for me to get started & get it completed, myself & my manager knew that I had 15 minutes "banked" so if lunch traffic caused a delay returning to work or Friday came & the weeks tasks were complete, I could go ahead & leave 15 minutes early. With this system that is supposed to advance "honesty", forget going any extra mile or even foot! That's OK though, the lower level employees are sure to be there when a customer calls after management staff have left for the day when they feel it, and the customer wants to speak with them, and as they have called it a day, they often do not respond to calls on their mobile phones. Field personnel typically aren't as bad, but being that there is no real way their time is monitored, except what they say it is, leaving early when the weather is nice, spending the better part of the day on personal business, extended lunch hours, late starts to the work day, and of course "if management has already left for the day, why should I keep working?" occurs.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't worry about your neighbors back yard until you've cleaned your own back porch. (ie: Quit trying to blame or look to non-management/ office & manufacturing, etc. as the reason for the real problems that make a difference in the company overall.) Poor decision making or not making a decision, not following through on responsibilities, not taking responsibility for poor decisions, lack of accountability for actions (both ones own & other managers and or field/office employees, etc.) decreases the motivation, satisfaction, determination, etc. of those effectively "victimized".

Management staff not selected due to being best suited for position, nor kept due to ability to be effective.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Anchorage, AK

I have been working at ThyssenKrupp Elevator

Pros: Relaxed environment. Allowed to wear what is decent, yet comfortable to work. Unless attire is in… Cons: Management personnel, lead technicians, etc. are again not hired nor retained due to competence. Often it seems to be "a quick solution to an… Advice to Senior Management: Wake up & pay attention!!!!! In these times of stiffer competition for customers and profits, the office personnel (non-management & the like) are the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

no support

Account Representative (Former Employee) Southeastern, PA

I worked at ThyssenKrupp Elevator

Pros: Gas card, car allowance, and some easy commissions. Manager was very flexible when dealing with time off, etc. It is good to go… Cons: Poor management, no communication, complete lack of training. "Training" consists of going out in the field for 3 months working with the mechanics. Basically you… Advice to Senior Management: Provide full training and development for your new hires. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on ThyssenKrupp Elevator.

Worked for ThyssenKrupp Elevator? Contribute to the Community!