ThyssenKrupp
www.thyssenkrupp.com Essen, Germany 5000+ Employees

Drama, drama are you mad at mamma?

Forge Team Member (Former Employee)
Danville, IL

I worked at ThyssenKrupp full-time for more than 5 years

ProsIf you are in the union there is a tremendous amount of job security, and the health benefits are very good. The front line management is fair to the union employee.

ConsThere seems to be a lot of division. It is management vs management, management vs union, and union vs employee. There is a lot of unprofessional behavior and you never know where you stand. The union tends to fight good ideas (I was in the union). On the other hand management sometimes has horrible ideas which the union fights like weaklings.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the unprofessional behavior. Draw a thick line on this for all employees. Your mid-level management needs better training on managing people. Fair pay doesn't mean paying hourly employees differently for doing the same job just because they were hired under a different union contract. Keep your talent by allowing them to move into other positions regardless of their value in their current position.

Good company with good salary

Lead Electrical Engineer (Current Employee)
Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I have been working at ThyssenKrupp full-time for more than a year

Pros: fast pace environment with good approach and nice work environment Cons: Overall not anything specific to say Advice to Senior Management: Need to work out with the engineers working on the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Wonderful Melting Pot.

Transportation Coord. (Former Employee)
Lincolnshire, IL

I worked at ThyssenKrupp

Pros: Excellent benefits package and the HR people are wonderful. Cons: The dept. I worked in was very small and the manager was never there. Not a very good manager as he didn't seem to… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to what employees are telling you. If there… More

There are newer reviews on ThyssenKrupp.

Worked for ThyssenKrupp? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ThyssenKrupp reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ThyssenKrupp CEO Heinrich Hiesinger. All reviews posted anonymously by ThyssenKrupp employees.