ThyssenKrupp

www.thyssenkrupp.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for ThyssenKrupp

Drama, drama are you mad at mamma?

Former Employee - Forge Team Member in Danville, IL
Former Employee - Forge Team Member in Danville, IL

I worked at ThyssenKrupp full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

If you are in the union there is a tremendous amount of job security, and the health benefits are very good. The front line management is fair to the union employee.

Cons

There seems to be a lot of division. It is management vs management, management vs union, and union vs employee. There is a lot of unprofessional behavior and you never know where you stand. The union tends to fight good ideas (I was in the union). On the other hand management sometimes has horrible ideas which the union fights like weaklings.

Stop the unprofessional behavior. Draw a thick line on this for all employees. Your mid-level management needs better training on managing people. Fair pay doesn't mean paying hourly employees differently for doing the same job just because they were hired under a different union contract. Keep your talent by allowing them to move into other positions regardless of their value in their current position.

62 Other Employee Reviews for ThyssenKrupp (View Most Recent)

Good company with good salary

Current Employee - Lead Electrical Engineer in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO
    Current Employee - Lead Electrical Engineer in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I have been working at ThyssenKrupp full-time (more than a year)

Pros

fast pace environment with good approach and nice work environment

Cons

Overall not anything specific to say

Need to work out with the engineers working on the job for actual work hours

Wonderful Melting Pot.

Former Employee - Transportation Coord. in Lincolnshire, IL
    Former Employee - Transportation Coord. in Lincolnshire, IL

I worked at ThyssenKrupp

Pros

Excellent benefits package and the HR people are wonderful.

Cons

The dept. I worked in was very small and the manager was never there. Not a very good manager as he didn't seem to understand the job at all. The training left something to be dseired, for me it was a learn as you go process. I never had any interaction with the manager of our department and there were only 4 of us. Work was slow at times and there were a lot of days that I say around doing nothing. That could be a good thing if you don't like to use your brain and think,

Listen to what employees are telling you. If there is a problem with management address and don't ignore it.

There are newer employer reviews for ThyssenKrupp