TiER1 Performance Solutions

www.tier1performance.com
There are newer employer reviews for TiER1 Performance Solutions

The big learning/performance game in town.

Current Employee - Consultant in Covington, KY
Current Employee - Consultant in Covington, KY

I have been working at TiER1 Performance Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Growing company and has grown during all of the recession
Excellent CEO - company vision
Senior staff ramping up for next level of growth
Diverse client base and projects

A fun group of people to work with.
Good community involvement
No micromanagement
Encouraged to try new things

Cons

Somewhat clickish
Expect conservative compensation
Less than average benefits although improving as company grows
Growth pains. Not necessarily a con but you must be a self-directed person and quickly develop an internal network. People will help you but you must not be shy in asking.

Keep up the great work.
Keep engaged with employees and study employee engagement

12 Other Employee Reviews for TiER1 Performance Solutions (View Most Recent)

Loss Prevention

I have been working at TiER1 Performance Solutions

Pros

Great company to work for, lots of training

Cons

You have to do a but of driving to go to different assignments

Great company-provides freedom to grow

Pros

The best thing about TiER1 for me is the freedom to pursue and develop the work that motivates me. Naturally (and obviously) that work must fit into the framework of the company and our clients. But no one tells me precisely what tasks or projects I will be supporting each year. I can and have reached out both within the company and with our clients and shaped projects and tasks to add value in areas and ways that motivated me. I don't want to give the impression that this has been easy. It has been a challenge. I like challenges. I have not always been 100% successful in setting up areas and projects to work within that were perfectly aligned with what I wanted to do. But the ability to influence it has been exciting and keeps me engaged at TiER1.
    I truly enjoy the people I work with. There is also a lot of freedom there. I can and have developed relationships across different parts of the company. I have never encountered a barrier. No one tells anyone that they can or can't work with any team or individual. For the vast majority of people I have worked with, it has been enjoyable, educational, and inspirational. When I have not found common ground with someone, there has been no pressure to work with a person or a team or project and as a team we found good ways to work the off-ramp and transition.
    My personal performance goals are clear and objective. Provide value in my work. Work well with my teams. Hit my utilization target. I feel that all of these are within my control. I love that.

Cons

Honestly, I have not seen any significant challenges to working at TiER1 compared to other places. I have worked at quite a few other organizations prior to joining TiER1. There are no unique challenges at our company. We are a consulting firm. That work can be stressful because you are working to help people achieve their goals and objectives. I have had many good days and some stressful days. But the people around the company have always been supportive.
    Here are what others might consider cons (I don't): long hours; high expectations for high quality work.

The 80/20 rule applies everywhere. Don't let a vocal minority distract you from the majority of good work and great impact the company is having. Keep things in perspective.
    Continue to focus on relationship both internal and external to the company.
    I think you do a good job of listening to people within the company--continue to give that a lot of emphasis.
    A few bad apples can be disruptive and destructive--help them find other places to work.

There are newer employer reviews for TiER1 Performance Solutions