There are newer employer reviews for TiVo

Best product, constant training, and positive people make this one of the best employers I ever worked for.

Former Employee - Sales and Retention Specialist in Fort Collins, CO
Former Employee - Sales and Retention Specialist in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at TiVo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

TiVo's call center in Ft Collins, CO offers competitive pay and benefits in one of the most beautiful places to live in the U.S.. I was given ample opportunity to learn and improve my sales and retention skills. They truly cared about me and my success as well as their customers which is an attitude towards employees and customers I never expect from any company.

Cons

They don't have their work from home program going yet or I would still be working for them. Also, Directv is giving them a run for their money with the Genie DVR combined with their sports offerings which has lost them some loyal customers in the last year.

Advice to Management

Add streaming of sports through partnerships with the NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL or ESPN.

Other Employee Reviews for TiVo

Good Technical team

Former Employee - Engineering Manager in Alviso, CA
    Former Employee - Engineering Manager in Alviso, CA

I worked at TiVo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Outstanding Engineering team Good compensation and benefits Good company culture

Cons

Questionable business model. Slow to invest in new technologies. Hard disk based DVR is loosing its charm. Focus is on litigation.

Advice to Management

Invest in engineering to innovate. Do more strategic acquisition.

Not one good thing to say

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alviso, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alviso, CA

I worked at TiVo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This was an innovative company, at one time. It should be one of the cool places to work in Silicon Valley. TiVo invented the DVR, now lawsuits pay for easter egg hunt parties.

Cons

It is not a fun place to be. The CEO doesn't have any passion for entertainment, or care about the employees. They are expendable. There are too many people doing what--engineering? Why no innovation since 2000? Stay far, far away from this mess.

Advice to Management

The Board should look carefully at restricting the CEO's participation in product development, marketing, and being the public face of TiVo on TV. He is OK at lawsuits, but terrible at setting values and vision for TiVo or inspiring the employees.