Ticketmaster

www.ticketmaster.com
  www.ticketmaster.com
There are newer employer reviews for Ticketmaster

Ticketmaster is already great with potential for more!

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Ticketmaster

Pros

Flexible schedule, benefits, and pay. Work is challenging...face it, we're the best at what we do and no one does it the way we do it. There is really no immature work drama. Respect is given out automatically and in general people are just nice and laid back. New office with amenities...overall, its a pleasure and i thank God for giving me such a blessing. I love ticketmaster and i continue to hope i can give it as much as its given. That being said i dont have to sacrifice the really important things in life to work there, "i work to live, not live to work". I couldnt ask for more really.

Cons

The BIGGEST downside is simple lack of documentation and training. It should be mandatory that any new employees or employees after a 90 day grace period given a rigorous and multi day training seminar on event program to real life even setups and business practices to installing and configuring all the applications we use in house (in terms of selling tickets). From that point it should be mandatory that there is technical seminar for specific technology used for your given project/team. After several years of working at ticketmaster i'm still learning what some would think basic but yet heralding information which really causes an enormous amount of time tracking down and figuring out most of the time on my own. Its huge...i cant say enough how much money and time ticketmaster would save it they would just ensure that their engineers grasped event programming and the "whys". The technical seminar we had was great...but it was too impersonal and lacked hands on in a big way. Different topic would be job safety. Traditionally ticketmaster never had this problem if you did your job and put some heart into it. With recent changes to the company and layoffs, i just dont get that feeling quite as much. Seems more like its about money and bottom line.

Immediately instill training for new employees and existing employees. I dont care if doing a full, mandatory event programming seminar takes a week, it needs to be done. If we're talking long run all the time, this should be the main priority as i believe it will pay dividends. Not just in project time and cost, but also in employee self worth. Sometimes one can sit in a slump wondering if it's them thats the problem that they dont know the information or dont know where to get it or the company itself.

144 Other Employee Reviews for Ticketmaster (View Most Recent)

A nice place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Ticketmaster

Pros

1. Challenges make for exciting work days.
    2. Regular employee functions show that Ticketmaster cares.
    3. Relaxed work environment.
    4. Micromanagement is discouraged.
    5. The people are great.
    6. Offices all over the world present travel opportunities.
    7. Opportunities to work/attend exciting events.
    8. A job well done is recognized and rewarded.
    9. Sean Moriarty appears to be closely in touch and knowledgeable about all aspects of this company.

Cons

1. **HUGE** Many products/application lack proper change control/change management. The learning curve for becoming versed on newest changes can be large and new features/updates come monthly for some products.
    2. Communication between groups/offices is poor and excuses are accepted.
    3. Hiring freezes / getting new positions approved. Some employees are grossly overworked and overwhelmed.
    4. Some management lacks the knowledge on how to properly leverage and distribute resources.

1. Promote management that can identify needs/problems, create solutions and demonstrates results.
    2. Cut management that makes excuses and cultivates groups with superiority complexes.
    3. More support personnel nationally and client service staff on the front lines. These are the people that give customers that one-on-one interaction and personal service. Right now these groups are suffering from lost headcount and the inability to hire.

All-in-all a positive work environment

Current Employee - Worker in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Worker in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Ticketmaster

Pros

All-in-all it is a great work environment.
    1. The people are are amazing. They are talented, fun and personable.
    2. The projects that we are asked to do are very, very challenging. I would say that is extremely hard to get bored around here. You get to work on projects that most people outside of Ticketmaster would know of...like the Olympics.
    3. The physical office is also very nice. Although it is a cubicle setting the scooters, shower, mediation room, cafe, etc really help improve the working environment.
    4. I also feel like Ticketmaster values the work/life balance. I've never had any problems taking off time when personal matters came up.

Cons

1. The benefits are getting worse and worse. While part of it is the raising cost in healthcare, it does feel like the actual portion that Ticketmaster pays goes down more and more.

2. Also, we seem to get recognized locally but from a company-wide persepctive there is hardly any recognition given to those that actually do the work.

3. While it has been getting a little better, I think that the training offered to employees is a bit lacking. While there seems to be training around the business of ticketing, I'd like to see more around technology and development.

Most, if not all, of the drive for our product development seems to be very short-term. There seems to be very little conversation around how we will strategically develop the products to set us up for winning in the long-term.

There are newer employer reviews for Ticketmaster