Ticketmaster
www.ticketmaster.com West Hollywood, CA 5000+ Employees

Ticketmaster is already great with potential for more!

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Ticketmaster

ProsFlexible schedule, benefits, and pay. Work is challenging...face it, we're the best at what we do and no one does it the way we do it. There is really no immature work drama. Respect is given out automatically and in general people are just nice and laid back. New office with amenities...overall, its a pleasure and i thank God for giving me such a blessing. I love ticketmaster and i continue to hope i can give it as much as its given. That being said i dont have to sacrifice the really important things in life to work there, "i work to live, not live to work". I couldnt ask for more really.

ConsThe BIGGEST downside is simple lack of documentation and training. It should be mandatory that any new employees or employees after a 90 day grace period given a rigorous and multi day training seminar on event program to real life even setups and business practices to installing and configuring all the applications we use in house (in terms of selling tickets). From that point it should be mandatory that there is technical seminar for specific technology used for your given project/team. After several years of working at ticketmaster i'm still learning what some would think basic but yet heralding information which really causes an enormous amount of time tracking down and figuring out most of the time on my own. Its huge...i cant say enough how much money and time ticketmaster would save it they would just ensure that their engineers grasped event programming and the "whys". The technical seminar we had was great...but it was too impersonal and lacked hands on in a big way. Different topic would be job safety. Traditionally ticketmaster never had this problem if you did your job and put some heart into it. With recent changes to the company and layoffs, i just dont get that feeling quite as much. Seems more like its about money and bottom line.

Advice to Senior ManagementImmediately instill training for new employees and existing employees. I dont care if doing a full, mandatory event programming seminar takes a week, it needs to be done. If we're talking long run all the time, this should be the main priority as i believe it will pay dividends. Not just in project time and cost, but also in employee self worth. Sometimes one can sit in a slump wondering if it's them thats the problem that they dont know the information or dont know where to get it or the company itself.

Change is good, let's make sure we seize the day!

Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Ticketmaster

Pros: Great people! Opportunities to try different career paths. Leadership mostly open to new ideas. Very flexible… Cons: Lack of employee development programs. Not as nimble as we used to… Advice to Senior Management: Recongnize and reward! Whether you go the extra mile or coast, pay and recognition doesn't change much. offer company… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

TM can be great if you are the right person

Director Product Management (Current Employee)
Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Ticketmaster

Pros: 1. Very casual and relaxed atmosphere - you can have your ipod with headphones, not a strict dress code, which in the spring, summer and… Cons: 1. Poor communication with Senior Leadership - many things go on and you are left wondering some days just how things in the economy or… Advice to Senior Management: Don't let the newbies run the place. You bought Paciolan for a reason, now letting them run the place with their business model which put… More

There are newer reviews on Ticketmaster.

Worked for Ticketmaster? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ticketmaster reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ticketmaster CEO Jared Smith. All reviews posted anonymously by Ticketmaster employees.