Tidewater Transit

tidewater-transit.com

Better than most.

Tanker Driver (Current Employee) Savannah, GA

ProsIf one wants to work they usually have it. I have made more money here than any other job, but it's mostly due to the fact that I work more than most others. Some terminals have mileage pay while others have percentage. Percentage is better. Management big on safety because we haul deadly stuff. Generally good place to work.

ConsBenefits could be better. Health ins. not good and way too expensive for what one gets. Cost me $580 monthly for family coverage for bad plans. Holiday pay is only $50 and no sick/personal days. I think pay should be more per trip due to the high risk we take handling such dangerous product.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. However, I think it is reasonable to offer better benefits. I have compared ours with some of our major competitors and theirs are much better. Almost better enough to make me think twice if I was to be offered a job with them.

Clerical

I have been working at Tidewater Transit full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The people and management for the most part are wonderful to work with. Family oriented and laid back… Cons: The Pay scale is reasonable but that great. The… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

A company that honestly cares about their employees

Driver (Current Employee) Kingsport, TN

I have been working at Tidewater Transit full-time for more than a year

Pros: Home time when it's needed. Stable, debt free, honest, understanding, etc. Dispatch is great and understands how you like to run. The entire company feels… Cons: Benefits are a little expensive, yet still affordable, when compared to other companies, but quality of life outweighs… Advice to Senior Management: You are wonderful and have made my career a dream! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Tidewater Transit.

Worked for Tidewater Transit? Contribute to the Community!