Tiffany & Co.
www.tiffany.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Santa's Little Helpers

Seasonal Operations Assistant (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Tiffany & Co. as a contractor for less than a year

Pros+ Awesome discount on TCO products
+ Knowledgable Staff and Management
+ Good introduction to the luxury retailing environment, great possibility to learn a lot about the company and their procedures in a very short amount of time

Cons+ Seasonal employees are NOT valued or respected, I was called an "Elf" "Santa's Elf" and "Santa's Little Helper" by multiple managers and regular employees.
+ Position responsibilities are redundant, tirelessly technical, and offer very little room for creativity or personal growth. You act as Tiffany's primary wrapping and shipping department.
+ No chance for advancement in this particular situation. During the interview and initial training, all the seasonals were told about the possibilities that we could be hired as regular, full-time employees, but during our time it was made very obvious that positions were not available. None of the seasonal employees from my location, or neighboring locations that I know of were hired regularly, despite high performance remarks. Don't expect a job offer even if you're great.
+ Business Formal dress code. For seasonal employees, it may be a big drawback to invest in expensive, tailored clothing for a temporary position.
+ Retail working schedule, so you work weekends. This is not so bad if it's a temporary stint.
+ Professional training methods are neglected for seasonal employees. You're expected to hit the ground running.

Advice to Senior ManagementStreamline your training for seasonal employees within the Operations department. We trained with sales professionals, and a lot of the training wasn't as valuable as hands-on instruction in Operations would have been. Everything we needed to learn in Operations was taught in bits and pieces from current Operations staff just as various tasks needed to be completed. Many mistakes could have been avoided if training were focused on operations, and each of the processes were taught from start to finish.

A Brief Tenure

Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Tiffany & Co. part-time for less than a year

Pros: A chance to engage with a diverse and interesting array… Cons: Security driven and stressful work environment. Advice to Senior Management: More training as to actual product lines and less emphasis… More

Great company, conscious of improving

Manager (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at Tiffany & Co. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Strong brand which permeates the company culture. Company continues to grow in tough times. Strong senior management team with vision of the brand.… Cons: Strong brand leads at times to thinking of there is a "Tiffany" way, sometimes causing resistance to change, but that is slowly changing for the… Advice to Senior Management: Make the technology investments today to ensure competitiveness tomorrow. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Tiffany & Co..

Worked for Tiffany & Co.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tiffany & Co. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Tiffany & Co. CEO Michael J. Kowalski. All reviews posted anonymously by Tiffany & Co. employees.