Tiffany & Co.

www.tiffany.com
  www.tiffany.com
There are newer employer reviews for Tiffany & Co.

Fun and luxurious!

Former Employee - Sales Professional in Santa Barbara, CA
Former Employee - Sales Professional in Santa Barbara, CA

I worked at Tiffany & Co. part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The employee discount was really nice since all of the jewelry there is overpriced. I thought the commission was good, especially around Christmas time. However, with all retail places that run off of commission, it bounds to get a little catty on the sales floor. The company was really fun to work for. We always had charity events and parties so we got to do good, while getting paid and having fun. Having a great team really made the job more fun. For a high-end jewelry store, Tiffany's is definitely catered more towards the younger crowd so it was more enjoyable to work there than, say, Harry Winston. And it definitely beats working at Zale's!

Cons

At the end of the day, it's still just a retail job. Realistically, the highest you will go is management. If you are super optimistic, you might get to work in corporate. Otherwise, there's really no room to grow. I was in college when I worked there and knew I wasn't going to stay forever. It was fun while I was young and I was the envy of my friends. I still miss the job from time to time, especially since now I'm a boring attorney and don't get to play with and handle gorgeous jewelry all the time.

I thought the management was great! The manager and assistant manager were both incredibly nice and driven people. They were encouraging without being pushy.

309 Other Employee Reviews for Tiffany & Co. (View Most Recent)

Operations Professional

Current Employee - Operations Professional in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Operations Professional in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Tiffany & Co. full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Tiffany & Company has a reputation for beautiful jewelry, quality products, excellent craftsmanship, timeless style, and good customer service. If you are a hard worker and you care about your job, your responsibilities, and you care about helping client's - you will find fulfillment in your position.

Cons

If you work at the retail level - and you are not mobile, there are only management positions available and even those positions are few and far between. There is definitely favoritism for certain employees who get exactly what they want but if that does not bother you or affect you in any way, then it is fine. No job is going to be perfect.

Make sure you have the right management team in place at the retail level. Good managers are going to lead and empower their team and make them feel valuable. Not all stores have good managers in place and that is why there are many negative comments in regards to that.

Assistant Store Manager

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I have been working at Tiffany & Co. full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits and company discount

Cons

Horrible compensation compared to market. Only Directors and above get paid fairly. Inconsistencies between stores policies and procedures. Company constantly making changes to employee policies (for example, days/shifts hired to work, black-out vacation time, etc.), Extreme favoritism shown to staff members versus others.

Ensure HR gives a voice to the employees with more frequent opportunities to voice their concerns through anonymous emails/surveys.

There are newer employer reviews for Tiffany & Co.