Tiffany & Co.

www.tiffany.com

Fun and luxurious!

Sales Professional (Former Employee) Santa Barbara, CA

ProsThe employee discount was really nice since all of the jewelry there is overpriced. I thought the commission was good, especially around Christmas time. However, with all retail places that run off of commission, it bounds to get a little catty on the sales floor. The company was really fun to work for. We always had charity events and parties so we got to do good, while getting paid and having fun. Having a great team really made the job more fun. For a high-end jewelry store, Tiffany's is definitely catered more towards the younger crowd so it was more enjoyable to work there than, say, Harry Winston. And it definitely beats working at Zale's!

ConsAt the end of the day, it's still just a retail job. Realistically, the highest you will go is management. If you are super optimistic, you might get to work in corporate. Otherwise, there's really no room to grow. I was in college when I worked there and knew I wasn't going to stay forever. It was fun while I was young and I was the envy of my friends. I still miss the job from time to time, especially since now I'm a boring attorney and don't get to play with and handle gorgeous jewelry all the time.

Advice to Senior ManagementI thought the management was great! The manager and assistant manager were both incredibly nice and driven people. They were encouraging without being pushy.

Operations Professional

Operations Professional (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

I have been working at Tiffany & Co. full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Tiffany & Company has a reputation for beautiful jewelry, quality products, excellent craftsmanship, timeless style, and good customer service. If you are a… Cons: If you work at the retail level - and you are not mobile, there are only management positions available and even those positions are few… Advice to Senior Management: Make sure you have the right management team in place at the retail level. Good managers are going to lead and empower their team… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Disappointing

Sales Professional (Current Employee)

I have been working at Tiffany & Co. full-time for more than a year

Pros: Excellent coworkers, relatively good pay, beautiful jewelry. Cons: No employee development, not a place for a career, new management is brought in from other companies and are… Advice to Senior Management: Get to know your team. Develop from within, that way… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Tiffany & Co..

Worked for Tiffany & Co.? Contribute to the Community!