There are newer employer reviews for Tiffany & Co.

Sales

Current Employee - Sales Professional in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Sales Professional in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Tiffany & Co. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company is perfect for learning about Jewelry, and getting started in the luxury world. Once you have worked for the company, you really can go to any other luxury brand. Things really do change based on the location you work in, and the quality of the Director in place.

Cons

Company has changed drastically over the last few years. New, added pressure is forced on the sales staff, and they have pushed out most of the tenured employees. Most people come and stay for around a year, but eventually move on, as they find a better environment elsewhere. Jobs on the sales floor with Tiffany have become entry-level, more geared towards people just coming out of college.

Invest more in people that you hire. If someone has a rough couple of months, view the person's reputation as in sales, instead of threatening termination. Make room for people who are English speaking, not just Mandarin.

292 Other Employee Reviews for Tiffany & Co. (View Most Recent)

Tiffany is a great company that looks out for their people

Former Employee - Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Sales Manager

I worked at Tiffany & Co. full-time

Pros

Benefits, training, pay, mobility, advancement

Cons

work-life balance, weekends a must, hours

Very Dissatisfied

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Tiffany & Co. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The only positives about working here are the discounts that employees receive and the decent health benefits

Cons

Too much competition between sales associates. The commission structure makes it impossible to make decent money (basically minimum wage). I made more money working as a server for tips when I was working part-time than at Tiffany's full time. The management treats people very unfairly. All they care about is sales quotas that are way too high for the amount of customers that are actually coming into the store. The quotas are pretty much impossible to achieve and the managers do not try to do anything to help. I became pregnant while working here and the managers treated me extremely poorly. They scheduled me to work almost 2 weeks straight without a day off and also scheduled me to work over 11 hours some days. They were not understanding at all when I needed to take breaks to sit down and drink water and even tried to stop me from taking a lunch break just because they thought the sales goals were more important. Not a good work/life balance at all either, so if that is important to you, you should look elsewhere.

Start treating your employees better. All you will end up with is high employee turnover resulting in poor customer service. The commission structure should also be changed to promote a better work environment and less hostility among employees.They should also be more aware of how management treats employees before you end up with an investigation and lawsuit.

There are newer employer reviews for Tiffany & Co.