There are newer employer reviews for Tiffany & Co.

A good place for young, personable people to work

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Short Hills, NJ
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Short Hills, NJ

I have been working at Tiffany & Co.

Pros

If you are a people person it is a good place to work. Everyday at work is very different because you are constantly meeting new people and trying solve their "problems". Most people are intimidated by the appearance of the store and our reputation, but being able to make them feel comfortable by being personable is what we do. It is a good place to maintain and grow a faithful client base. As far as salary, I make more than most other 20-somethings that work 9-5 desk jobs and I consider the work environmet to be low-stress. Around the holiday season you are given the option to work as much as you like... which is great because thats when lots of money is made.

Cons

The retail hours and working most weekends are downsides. Most of the seasoned sales professionals are "sharks" making it very hard to make sales goals.... when it comes to making sales goals its mostly about luck (being at the right place at the right time). Growth is hard because you must really be a standout because there are many employees and few management positions. The prices are comstantly increasing making it hard to close some sales.

Advice to Management

Overall I think that things are run well. The company is now all sales based compared to the past (so I've heard) and I think that is a good thing because if you do well among your co-workers you are recognized.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Overall a decent place to work

Former Employee - Retail Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Retail Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Tiffany & Co.

Pros

People are generally pleasant to work with, and the surroundings are beautiful.

Cons

Corporate culture is very closed, and communication could stand improvement. Like anyplace else, the person you directly work for will influence your experience here.

Advice to Management

Better communication!

Tiffany & Co is a very nice place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Tiffany & Co.

Pros

Tiffany is full of nice people and it known for having a good culture

Cons

pay is not as good as compared with other companies

Advice to Management

overall is it very strong, however there are a couple - or at least one - vice president whose promotion no one can understand. Some people are 'protected' and don't 'do' much but still are ranked favorably