Tiffany & Co.
www.tiffany.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

A good place for young, personable people to work

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Short Hills, NJ

I have been working at Tiffany & Co.

ProsIf you are a people person it is a good place to work. Everyday at work is very different because you are constantly meeting new people and trying solve their "problems". Most people are intimidated by the appearance of the store and our reputation, but being able to make them feel comfortable by being personable is what we do. It is a good place to maintain and grow a faithful client base. As far as salary, I make more than most other 20-somethings that work 9-5 desk jobs and I consider the work environmet to be low-stress. Around the holiday season you are given the option to work as much as you like... which is great because thats when lots of money is made.

ConsThe retail hours and working most weekends are downsides. Most of the seasoned sales professionals are "sharks" making it very hard to make sales goals.... when it comes to making sales goals its mostly about luck (being at the right place at the right time). Growth is hard because you must really be a standout because there are many employees and few management positions. The prices are comstantly increasing making it hard to close some sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall I think that things are run well. The company is now all sales based compared to the past (so I've heard) and I think that is a good thing because if you do well among your co-workers you are recognized.

Overall a decent place to work

Retail Manager (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Tiffany & Co.

Pros: People are generally pleasant to work with, and the surroundings… Cons: Corporate culture is very closed, and communication could stand improvement. Like… Advice to Senior Management: Better communication! More

Tiffany & Co is a very nice place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Tiffany & Co.

Pros: Tiffany is full of nice people and it known for… Cons: pay is not as good as compared with other companies Advice to Senior Management: overall is it very strong, however there are a couple - or at least one - vice president whose… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Tiffany & Co..

Worked for Tiffany & Co.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tiffany & Co. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Tiffany & Co. CEO Michael J. Kowalski. All reviews posted anonymously by Tiffany & Co. employees.