TigerDirect Canada
tigerdirect.ca Richmond Hill, Canada 150 to 499 Employees

Another day in the life...

Account Manager (Current Employee)
Raleigh, NC

I have been working at TigerDirect Canada

ProsYou get paid on time, albeit a poverty-level wage, even in NC. So far, I've been able to fly under the radar, getting my work done in about 5 hours, while spending other time focusing on professional develolpment opportunities and my job search.

ConsMicromanagement. Lack of an effective CRM database. No lead-gen activity. "Old-school" smile and dial operation...not a clue about Web 2.0 marketing strategies, even email marketing.

Advice to Senior ManagementTotally re-engineer the business, by hiring an outside consultanting firm to bring in fresh unbiased ideas and do some benchmarking and gap-analysis. Oh wait, that would cost real $$$'s, you'll never do it. OK, then sell the place to a competitor like CDW, oh wait that means you'd all likely lose your jobs...that'd never work.

Nonsensical business model

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Miami, FL

I worked at TigerDirect Canada

Pros: Commission is uncapped, potential to make a lot of money Cons: The many reasons why you won't get paid your commission No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Tigerdirect... great if you are really needed. Terrible if you are a regular worker.

Miami, FL

I have been working at TigerDirect Canada

Pros: Stability. Some flexibility when it comes to leave. Depending on… Cons: Hours are horrible. Raises only come when you hand in… Advice to Senior Management: Loosen your grip on the employees. Remove the 45 hour requirement. Be more fair about raises and reviews. Only then will… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on TigerDirect Canada.

Worked for TigerDirect Canada? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TigerDirect Canada reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TigerDirect Canada CEO Richard Leeds. All reviews posted anonymously by TigerDirect Canada employees.