TigerDirect Canada

www.tigerdirect.ca
  www.tigerdirect.ca
There are newer employer reviews for TigerDirect Canada

Watch your back, someone is always willing to stick a knife in it...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I worked at TigerDirect Canada

Pros

Depends on position - but most positions have a high turn over, so they are always looking to fill those positions.

Cons

Think of the movie Office Space, but replace the cause of bad policy and the lack of efficiency from incompetence to machismo/ego/just being mean

I know Fiorentino is a busy guy. And when I first came on board, the Notes from Gil were interesting - but you have to work on building Moral - it felt like my soul was being sucked out everyday I was there....

31 Other Employee Reviews for TigerDirect Canada (View Most Recent)

If you wanna join the Army

Current Employee - B2B Account Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - B2B Account Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at TigerDirect Canada

Pros

Play on the internet for min. wage

Cons

Military style micro management. Hopefully you do not get placed on the team where sales manager thinks he is still in the army. Sales manager constantly looks over your shoulder and wonders why you are on the internet when in reality that is all there is to do. This job is basically a waste of time with poor pay. Time working is actually time looking for another job.

Start over from scratch.

Another day in the life...

Current Employee - Account Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at TigerDirect Canada

Pros

You get paid on time, albeit a poverty-level wage, even in NC. So far, I've been able to fly under the radar, getting my work done in about 5 hours, while spending other time focusing on professional develolpment opportunities and my job search.

Cons

Micromanagement. Lack of an effective CRM database. No lead-gen activity. "Old-school" smile and dial operation...not a clue about Web 2.0 marketing strategies, even email marketing.

Totally re-engineer the business, by hiring an outside consultanting firm to bring in fresh unbiased ideas and do some benchmarking and gap-analysis. Oh wait, that would cost real $$$'s, you'll never do it. OK, then sell the place to a competitor like CDW, oh wait that means you'd all likely lose your jobs...that'd never work.

There are newer employer reviews for TigerDirect Canada