TigerDirect Canada

www.tigerdirect.ca
  www.tigerdirect.ca
There are newer employer reviews for TigerDirect Canada

A place that only looks after the senior reps and is full of false hopes and miscnceptions

Former Employee - Sales in Naperville, IL
Former Employee - Sales in Naperville, IL

I worked at TigerDirect Canada

Pros

Loved the customers and the fellow co-workers. Hard work to develop the right relationships but it pays off in the end. Great place to learn. But...... I WOULD NOT RECOMEND this place to anyone.

Cons

Watch out!! It's all about the numbers baby! All your hard work bringing in new accounts is not appreciated if you don't have the numbers. There is only one thing they look at, numbers. When there are other values a sales rep brings to the table. Had over $1.1 million in sales YTD, but.... missed one too many pay periods. Watch for ever increasing quotas until you can't do it any more than BAM! Your out the door. Very inconsistent in the termination process. Many reps let go for under performance while a select few can miss their numbers constantly and still keep their job. Some reps receive multiple third warnings before the final,and still have their job. It's a "Throw them on the wall, and see who sticks" mentality. Except for the special reps. Absolutely zero coaching from the managers. And if you do create a nice account...poof. Its gone and a senior rep has it the next day.

Be more consistent in the termination process. I thought rule was at least two warnings in a row before the final. i got one. I guess the coach can choose to only hand out the one than the final. hold the coaches just as accountable as you hold the reps. And stop giving out multiple third warnings. It creates false expectations for the other reps.

32 Other Employee Reviews for TigerDirect Canada (View Most Recent)

Watch your back, someone is always willing to stick a knife in it...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I worked at TigerDirect Canada

Pros

Depends on position - but most positions have a high turn over, so they are always looking to fill those positions.

Cons

Think of the movie Office Space, but replace the cause of bad policy and the lack of efficiency from incompetence to machismo/ego/just being mean

I know Fiorentino is a busy guy. And when I first came on board, the Notes from Gil were interesting - but you have to work on building Moral - it felt like my soul was being sucked out everyday I was there....

If you wanna join the Army

Current Employee - B2B Account Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - B2B Account Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at TigerDirect Canada

Pros

Play on the internet for min. wage

Cons

Military style micro management. Hopefully you do not get placed on the team where sales manager thinks he is still in the army. Sales manager constantly looks over your shoulder and wonders why you are on the internet when in reality that is all there is to do. This job is basically a waste of time with poor pay. Time working is actually time looking for another job.

Start over from scratch.