TigerDirect Canada
tigerdirect.ca Richmond Hill, Canada 150 to 499 Employees

There for a little over six months and that was six months too long

Account Manager (Former Employee)
Naperville, IL

I worked at TigerDirect Canada

ProsIt was Monday thru Friday so at least you didn't have to work weekends.

ConsWhere do I start? The place will basically hire you if you have any sales experience at all and they know that of the 10 people they bring on, 9 will be gone within 6 months or less.
The firings seem to be random. Some reps have terrible numbers yet still keep their job and then they let go a rep who was doing pretty well but had a bad couple of weeks. Odd.
A few of the managers were OK but a few of them had horrible people skills. How they became managers is beyond me.
Also, the B2B segment of the company is not very important to the suits. The website is what they care about. Very little room to move up. Just kind of an odd place.
The training was a joke. 2 weeks of complete nothing. Sadly, towards the end of my tenure I started envying the people in the sessions. At least they didn't have to listen to the crap.
The senior reps somehow have a sense of arrogance about them. Not sure why. Any good accounts a rep that leaves or is fired had goes directly to them. YOU are NOT going to get good leads. Everything is cold call. They give you a list of like 100 "leads" at the beginning and they are all garbage.
They bold faced LIED during the interview process about salary and when you were eligible for PTO or vacation. You don't even get paid for a freaking holiday until you've been there 90 days?!!! That's the first job I've ever had where that was the rule. Nothing mentioned about that in the interview. I should've known as it was an unsolicited call from Career Builder. I was unemployed at the time and needed a job. They were looking for heads.
You start out at 30K with a paltry commission and then at six months or something they drop you to half that and a higher commission but you have to have huge numbers just to get back to what you were getting per paycheck at 30K. No choice. That's contrary to what they told me (and a few other new hires with me) in the interview! We were told we would have a "choice". Not the case.
I tried my best and did pretty well the first 4 months I was there but the demoralizing air of the place just weighed me down and it showed in my work. It's hard to sell when you're miserable. I was fired and to be honest, I was relieved. Got a new job a few weeks later and can't believe I actually wasted six months of my life there.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive your reps some leads. Actually just shut the department down. You're worthless.

A place that only looks after the senior reps and is full of false hopes and miscnceptions

Sales (Former Employee)
Naperville, IL

I worked at TigerDirect Canada

Pros: Loved the customers and the fellow co-workers. Hard work to develop the right relationships but it… Cons: Watch out!! It's all about the numbers baby! All your hard work bringing in new accounts is not appreciated if you don't have the… Advice to Senior Management: Be more consistent in the termination process. I thought rule was at least two warnings in a row before the final. i got… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Watch your back, someone is always willing to stick a knife in it...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Miami, FL

I worked at TigerDirect Canada

Pros: Depends on position - but most positions have a high… Cons: Think of the movie Office Space, but replace the cause of bad… Advice to Senior Management: I know Fiorentino is a busy guy. And when I first came on board, the Notes from Gil were interesting -… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on TigerDirect Canada.

Worked for TigerDirect Canada? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TigerDirect Canada reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TigerDirect Canada CEO Richard Leeds. All reviews posted anonymously by TigerDirect Canada employees.