TigerDirect

www.tigerdirect.com
  www.tigerdirect.com
There are newer employer reviews for TigerDirect

My experience with Tiger has been challenging and rewarding most times.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Raleigh, NC
Current Employee - Account Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at TigerDirect full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

No cap on income potential. Nice work environment.

Cons

Favoritism when it comes to giving good leads. Low base pay and no raises.

Be more fair to employees when assigning accounts. Spread the wealth around. Not just to your favorites.

96 Other Employee Reviews for TigerDirect (View Most Recent)

HORRIBLE PLACE.

Former Employee - Account Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Raleigh, NC

I worked at TigerDirect full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nothing other than making a few good friends.

Cons

low pay, accounts giving to "favorites", no consideration for family. They locked the bathrooms and we had to ask for a key. My sick mother went missing and I could not go in that morning so I called my manager who told me i would need to be in asap. It was a mess to work there. When I found another opportunity, I ran to it.

treat others as you would want to be treated.

Watch out!! It's all about the numbers baby! A place that only looks after the senior reps and is full of false hopes an

Former Employee - B2B Account Representative in Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - B2B Account Representative in Naperville, IL

I worked at TigerDirect full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Loved the customers and the fellow co-workers. Hard work to develop the right relationships but it pays off in the end. Great place to learn. But...... I WOULD NOT RECOMEND this place to anyone.

Cons

Watch out!! It's all about the numbers baby! All your hard work bringing in new accounts is not appreciated if you don't have the numbers. There is only one thing they look at, numbers. When there are other values a sales rep brings to the table. Had over $1.1 million in sales YTD, but.... missed one too many pay periods. Watch for ever increasing quotas until you can't do it any more than BAM! Your out the door. Very inconsistent in the termination process. Many reps let go for under performance while a select few can miss their numbers constantly and still keep their job. Some reps receive multiple third warnings before the final,and still have their job. It's a "Throw them on the wall, and see who sticks" mentality. Except for the special reps. Absolutely zero coaching from the managers. And if you do create a nice account...poof. Its gone and a senior rep has it the next day.

Be more consistent in the termination process. I thought rule was at least two warnings in a row before the final. i got one. I guess the coach can choose to only hand out the one than the final. hold the coaches just as accountable as you hold the reps. And stop giving out multiple third warnings. It creates false expectations for the other reps.

There are newer employer reviews for TigerDirect