Market Opportunity but Terrible Management and Culture

Pros

Good market opportunity to serve the quick service restaurant industry

Cons

Zero transparency with senior leadership who doesn't even live in the same city as where the headquarters are. The result is one of employees working hard while the CEO and other C level execs are not ever present. The worst thing is there is zero empowerment in this organization. Don't be surprised to all of a sudden have the rug pulled out from under you. And don't expect any format review process, raises or recognition for going above the call of duty either.

Advice to Management

Replace yourself with on-the-ground and in-touch managers

Other Employee Reviews for Tillster

1. Decent place

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Tillster as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule. Well-meaning co-workers. Free lunches provided by the company. Overall I enjoyed my short time there but knew there were better opportunities out there. I've been at worst places so it wasn't all that bad. I left with generally a good experience.

Cons

People tended to keep to themselves so it was hard to make friends. A bit of undermining of the leadership but I see what other reviews were saying. Managers need to take the helm and stick with the decision-making instead of being wishy-washy.

Advice to Management

Emphasize better organization with a need for stronger leadership and communication.

Bordering on a hostile work environment at times

I have been working at Tillster full-time

Pros

Some (a select few) are pleasant to work with. The pay is decent, and the benefits are also decent. It is nice to have snacks provided. In some ways it has a "start-up company" feel to it.

Cons

People will disrespect you just because they don't know your background. Some of them think they are just plain better than you for some reason. I am not sure how it started, but it's been perpetuated over time. Come on, people...we're supposed to be a TEAM! And I thought I finished high school years ago... For an example of some of this attitude, see the review titled “Wounded company hampered by old-fashioned leadership.” And to think that this person gets paid to work there. A real smile-to-your-face-and-stab-you-in-the-back type. I can see saying that you are unhappy with management decisions or something like that, but to talk behind your team mates' backs...bad form! Invite this person to a barbecue and they might show up and spit in your guacamole. Behind your back, of course. Hell, I have seen people who are downright insulting to work with get promoted. So it's not surprising that such a bad attitude is perpetuated. Plus, we have the whole open office thing. I guess that way we have a clear view of potentially duplicitous co-workers.

Advice to Management

Holding onto personnel who are catty isn't going to advance anyone. It will create a workplace that is unpleasant and drag down productivity. Team efforts should be encouraged. And not some exhibition of "team play" where you shoot a few Nerf darts and pretend that everyone likes each other because they're smiling. Again, one can smile and yet be a villain.