Tilt.com

www.tilt.com
  www.tilt.com
There are newer employer reviews for Tilt.com

Brilliant people, Brilliant product, Awesome place to work.

Former Employee - Front End Engineer in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Front End Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Tilt.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

My experience at Crowdtilt was that of a very strong positive culture. Its more like being part of a family than a business. The synergy from this culture drives business decisions and organizational practices. Every team member is highly valued and equally compensated.

The benefits are great. They have catered lunch and dinner which is always super healthy and helps cut personal expenses. During my time there they had a Masseuse come in once a month and give everyone massages to straighten out posture. They also had weekly Yoga classes at the office.

Speaking from an engineers point of view. Their engineering team is very strong and has strong leadership. The engineering culture promotes risk taking and fosters innovation. The engineering team was very collaborative and always helping each other grow and learn as one entity.

I eventually left Crowdtilt to found another company with a group of colleagues It was a very hard decision because of the family dynamic I touched on above. I still keep in contact with the Crowdtilt team and they invite me to their events.

Cons

Part of the reason I left is because there was no clear cultural stance on remote work. I needed schedule flexibility to deal with some personal growth outside office hours. This was readily available at my next venture.

15 Other Employee Reviews for Tilt.com (View Most Recent)

An amazing place to push the envelope of crowdfunding, with an incredibly passionate, dedicated, and talented team.

Current Employee - Growth Team in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Growth Team in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Tilt.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Everyone you work with here is so incredibly humble, talented, hardworking and passionate. This is true from developers to non-technical members -- and it's incredibly rare to find this humble and inspiring of a culture! The leaders have a huge vision, and every day you can see the lives we're touching and the ways we're breaking down the boundaries of crowdfunding for everyone. From helping the world raise $129,000 in 3 days to send the Jamaican Bobsled Team to Sochi, to helping college students do more together in terms of late-night tailgates, parties and outings, it's a truly priceless experience. Even in the most stressful times it doesn't really feel like work -- there's such a great support system, synergy between team members, and passion for what we do.

In terms of benefits, we get lots of flexibility: free vacation hours, no set schedule, hackations (an innovation idea where you can go anywhere in the world to "hack" on a highly-focused project, and the company will pay for lodging during your stay), the best snacks (!), two round-trip tickets to anywhere in the world when you reach your 1-year anniversary, and more.

Cons

- We get catered lunch and dinner. ..This is mostly a pro but it can make it kind of hard to keep a diet. (http://instagram.com/crowdtilt)
    - Like all startups, it can be stressful. Tight deadlines, juggling lots of projects, and extremely high expectations for the product that we deliver to our users. But the silver lining is the comraderie, satisfaction of being part of a great product, and how much closer you get to your colleagues through this.

Fast-paced learning environment, freedom to innovate, and a super-smart, nice team

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Tilt.com full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The best thing about Tilt is the staff. Senior management strictly enforces a "No A-Holes" rule and it shows: more than any place I've worked, I look forward to interacting with coworkers on a daily basis. Everyone's smart, cares about their work, generally takes criticism well, and is overall fun to work with. They feel like a real "team".

As an engineer, I have freedom to work across departments and to find projects that interest me. On a weekly basis I'll work with the growth team, marketing, sysops, other engineers, customer support - pretty much every department. I've been mentored by more experienced developers, and after the "new-guy-on-the-block" growing pains/learning curve I feel like my opinions and effort are respected, considered, and acted upon.

Work/life balance is pretty well-respected, with ample opportunity to work remotely and to take time off when needed.

And of course, the office is really sweet - it's exactly what you expect from a modern tech company office. Catered lunches/dinners, ample snacks, great equipment, etc.

Cons

Compensation is good but not top-of-the-industry. If you have friends who work at Netflix, you may occasionally feel pangs of jealousy, but you'll also have free time and won't be going bald from stress.

The company structure is flat and getting flatter, and overall Tilt is pretty small, so advancing title-wise seems unlikely. (Although it does happen.)

Be more positive! Happy minds are more creative and productive, and bring out the best in others. It takes trust, but every team at Tilt has individuals and leaders capable of preventing the abuse of that trust.

There are newer employer reviews for Tilt.com