Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery

There are newer employer reviews for Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery

My TK experience

Current Employee - Bartender in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Current Employee - Bartender in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Starting with the company in the beginning and have the ability to move up in the company since they are opening other locations in South Florida within the next year.
- Management is extremely nice, laid back, and friendly
- Easy to build regulars
- Expanding to other areas

Cons

- The money can be better
- No advertisement

Please start advertising because a lot of people don't even know you exist or what the company is.

Jul 10, 2014Community Manager

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to review us. Because our locations are franchised, they take care of their own local marketing. However, I would love to reach out to your location to help ... More

38 Other Employee Reviews for Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery (View Most Recent)

Pretty much a strip club with a little more clothing.

Former Employee - Host in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Host in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery part-time

Pros

Easy and brainless work, that's about it.

Cons

Pretty much everything:

The demographic consists of mostly h*rny, p*rn-addicted old businessmen who want to escape from their lives.

You are disrespected, objectified, and preyed upon like a slab of meat, not only by the customers, but by the managers.

Hostesses make minimum wage. At most other restaraunts, the standard wage of a hostess is .75 more than at the Tilted Kilt.

Servers make money based upon how well they flirt with their male "regulars". These regulars make explicit implications towards wanting more from the servers than a basket of fries. Some girls give out numbers and meet the regulars outside of the restaraunt.

Management is nice at first, but if you don't drink the Kool Aid and take your degradation with a smile and a fake laugh, you are seen as an issue to be dealt with.

Hostesses are trained to look happy and smile-all of the time. Literally all of the time. If you start as a hostess and wish to move up to server (this location is overstaffed with hostesses; you will not be hired as a server without prior experience), you will have to appear enthused and excited for every second of your shift. Did you just get molested by a sloppy-drunk German businessman? Well, lucky you! Here is your opportunity to laugh it off and show management that you CAN intentionally put your self respect on the back burner for a 10 dollar tip!

The. Uniforms.
    You are stuffed into a plaid bra, a tie top as short as the bra, knee-high socks, Mary Jane shoes (at least they are non-slip!) and the single shortest plaid school girl/wh*re/stripper skirt ever worn by any woman that wasnt on stage in a strip club. But the p*rn-wear is not the kicker. No, the price of the "uniform" will take $140 away from your first four checks. For a few pieces of cloth and a $10 Walmart bra.

Heavy application of makeup, Victoria's Secret Miraculous Push Up bras and perfect hair extensions are your only qualifications. Most girls dress DOWN before coming to work so that they will not look like they have mistakenly wandered into a nightclub instead of a restaraunt.

This place is pretty much a strip club without the pole. Young women, STAY AWAY. You will sell your soul for low pay, decent tips, and a little bit of attention. My husband was outside waiting to pick me up and he literally heard a guy say "did you see that black wh*re?" While he was leaving. I was the only black female employee working that night.

If you're going to allow your employees to sell their souls, at least increase their pay. And try to make sure they will not get molested.

If you don't care, you might as well equip every Tilted Kilt with a stage and a dressing room.

Jul 10, 2014Community Manager

I am sorry you feel so negatively about our
    ... More

Worst place I've worked

Current Employee - Waitress in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Waitress in Denver, CO

I have been working at Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Meeting new people, making friends, getting generous tips from regulars

Cons

Management is absolutely terrible, owners and managers more concerned about their restaurant than their employees, rarely walk out with $100 even on a Friday, guests are usually older and creepy. If a guest walks out on a check, waitresses have to either pay the amount of the bill or get written up. There is definite favoritism. Managers degrade the girls, sometimes worse than the guests do and talk to their employees like they're stupid. If something drastic happens like no call no shows, management doesn't do anything but makes the other girls pay for it.

Learn to actually run a restaurant instead of playing favorites with girls. If you don't like your jobs, don't work there. Stop degrading the girls; they get enough of it from guests.

Jul 10, 2014Community Manager

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave this review. The only way we can improve is if we are made aware and we really appreciate your input. No 'Kilt girl should have to feel like she is ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery