Tim Hortons
www.timhortons.com Oakville, Canada 1000 to 5000 Employees

Fun work, terrible favoritism.

Trainer (Current Employee)
Buffalo, NY

ProsFun work environment, you end up becoming really close to the people you work with.
Biyearly raises up to 25 cents an hour
Easy to move up to supervising positions if you work hard and become friends with the managers
Really good first or temporary job.
50% off discount on food and free beverages while working.

ConsVERY HEAVY Favoritism, especially when it comes to scheduling hours and promotions. Even if you bust your ass you won't see more than 16 hours a week or a promotion unless you're friends with the manager of your store. (This is coming from one of those "favorites").
Sometimes the work gets really stressful simply because the management will keep trying to get you to do tasks that can clearly be done in an obviously more efficient way.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat all of your employees equally and listen to the employees when they come up with better ideas about how to get things done. Recognize when employees are working hard and don't ignore their requests for more hours or promotions when positions open just because they've never hung out with you outside of work.
Also, stop opening 20 stores in one small town. I hear that this happens all over the place and it kills your business at each individual store because you have another one on every street corner.

Fine place for temporary work

Cashier (Former Employee)
    Milford, MI

I worked at Tim Hortons part-time for less than a year

Pros: Friendly staff, not a "greasy" environment like many fast food… Cons: Early hours, not challenging work Advice to Senior Management: Hire more people who are willing to have a cheerful… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

it was ok

Store Manager (Former Employee)
    Lockport, NY

I worked at Tim Hortons full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: great training and hours were very workable Cons: upper management never had a hands on with input No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Tim Hortons.

Worked for Tim Hortons? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tim Hortons reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Tim Hortons CEO Paul D. House. All reviews posted anonymously by Tim Hortons employees.