Timberland

www.timberland.com

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Allocation Analyst  in  Stratham, NH
Current Employee - Allocation Analyst in Stratham, NH

Pros

Here you will work with very smart colleagues and have many opportunities for growth! They treat all of their employees very well and the benefits are like no other company.

Cons

The systems are a bit out dated but they are working on updating them.

n/a

Other reviews for Timberland

Great place with great people

Former Employee - Brand Manager  in  Stratham, NH
    Former Employee - Brand Manager in Stratham, NH

Pros

I'm an outdoor enthusiast and there are lots of like-minded people working there.

Cons

Unfortunately I ended up leaving Timberland because I was offered a lot more to work elsewhere.

Don't wait until people are headed for the door before you offer them a competitive salary.

Four years experience with Timberland, read my review!

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Woodbury, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Woodbury, NY

Pros

Great discount. You are taught everything and it is an easy job to start at. After about two weeks, I knew exactly what I had to do every time. A lot of regular customers so sometimes they begin to recognize you, feels good belonging. Also the fellow sales associates are very cool, made some life long friends working at the company. Casual and relaxed dress code, for stock you can even wear sweats/basketball shorts. I never needed to use them so im not exactly sure, but my fellow employees told me the benefits were great for part timers. Very easy to get requested time off. Very environmentally friendly.

Cons

I am not a fan of the company and would not recommend working with them. Was an employee for four years straight at two different locations and never got a promotion. Raises are one time a year, and if you get $0.20, that is very good. I remember people getting as low as $0.08, basically a slap in the face more than a reward. Basically, the stores have very poor management. The managers are very lazy and abuse their title. They will be doing nothing, and still ask the associate to go get a shoe or do some other very simple task they could easily do. Also, some stores do not allow their part time employees to handle cash at the register. This was also a slap in the face to me, for as a 20 year old college student who had been employed for years at the time, I felt i was more than qualified to handle cash. However, I was not. This also gave managers another excuse to be lazy as one would stay at the register at all times. Even if there were no customers, a manager would continue to sit at the register just doing nothing. Also, there was one security guard. When he would take an hour lunch, someone would have to stand at the front to greet and watch for theft in that area. More times than half, a manager would take this position. If only management can handle cash, and must supervise and MANAGE the store, why would they bound themselves to just the guard's spot in the front? Because they were very lazy. These are just two examples, but basically the managers were very lazy and would ask every employee to do even the smallest task (a 30 second task sometimes) before doing it themselves. Also, there is no room for growth as bad as the management was. I was an employee for two years, then transferred and was an employee for one year. While employed, a manager quit. I was very trusted and respected, and was basically running the stock room. It was q4 and we were short a manager, yet i NOR anyone else was promoted. Instead, the head manager decided to work the entire q4 short one manager, sometimes scheduling other mangers for open-close shifts right off the bat, and then hired a completely new manager from outside after q4. The list goes on and on, but as you can see, very poor management. Also, the stock room was often neglected. After a while I was basically the "stock lead". On my days off, nobody would work the stock room. The shipment would literally sit there untouched. Instead of having another person process it, it just waited till my next shift. So another con is the stock room is often very annoyed, and if you are responsible for stock the work load gets very heavy and you are still nott given assistance. Yet, although they knew I had 3 days of stock work to do sometimes, they would schedule me for short shifts like 11-4. So i would have to do 3 days work in half of a shift. Another flaw, lack of hours. During q4 you can get all the hours you want. After that, not a chance. The maximum amount of hours you will receive a week is 25, and thats usually the best employee or two as most part timers get 12-20. Some as low as less than 10 consistently. No raises, no growth, very poor management, and a large lack of hours. Strongly recommend finding employment elsewhere unless you are in high school and this is your first job as it is fun at first until you realize you deserve more.

Stop being lazy. You guys are managers - lead by example and show us how its done. Do not use your title to be able to stand around and have the employees be your minions. Also, give some people a chance. Ive seen people work at stores literally from OPENING DAY for two years straight and get nothing but a twenty cent raise. Ive also seen people work this same amount of time and get beat to a management position by someone never employed by timberland. Basically, management has to start actually doing their job and using common sense.

There are newer employer reviews for Timberland.

Worked for Timberland? Contribute to the Community!