Time

Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Time

GM

I worked at Time

Pros

great culture and very smart people

Cons

Culture is good but it's not fast paced

change the culture to be more fast paced

284 Other Employee Reviews for Time (View Most Recent)

old school

I have been working at Time

Pros

great reputation, contacts and history

Cons

crazy hours and poor management

Time has great benefits and good cache, but just be prepared to work your butt off.

I have been working at Time

Pros

Time Inc. offers its employees great benefits and time off. It offers classes, plenty of events from affinity groups, and has a nice cafeteria. But the work culture very much depends on the division or title you work for. I personally have never had to work so hard and such long hours as I have at Time. A lot of smart and capable people work here, and not as much of the snobby consumer mag culture as at other media companies like Conde Nast.

Cons

Be prepared to hit the ground running...it's is very much baptism by fire. Also, my personal experience has been that there's so much work to do that I've never managed to use all my vacation in the five years I've worked here. You're also far removed from upper management. I don't think they are in tuned with who does the real groundwork. Also, Time Inc. really likes to tout moving around inside the company, but I personally haven't seen many people leave one division or magazine to move to another.

Be more knowledgeable about who does what on the front lines, and reward those folks accordingly.

There are newer employer reviews for Time