Time
www.timeinc.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Summer Internship

Intern (Former Employee)
New York, NY

Pros- Great summer project for interns that allows them to present ideas to some of the senior managers (although I don't think anything has ever really come of the ideas for prior years' classes).
- Huge emphasis on work life balance. Not many people in the building past 5pm. Summer Fridays.

Cons- Culture of company is quite slow, even in a tough environment for media companies. There doesn't seem to be much of a bias for action; instead there's a lot of box checking.
- Company is very large and bureaucratic.

Advice to Senior ManagementFlatten the organization so entrepreneurial ideas are better heard.

Good for a First Internship

IT Intern (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

I worked at Time as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Large internship program, decent pay, great location, free magazines! Great… Cons: Quality of internship is largely dependent on your assigned magazine… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Predictable week by week work in staid corporate environment

Writer-reporter (Current Employee)

I have been working at Time full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Good benefits and good cafeteria Cons: Late hours and creativity stifled Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Time.

Worked for Time? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Time reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Time CEO Joseph A. Ripp. All reviews posted anonymously by Time employees.