Time

There are newer employer reviews for Time

Solid Starting Point for New York

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Time as an intern

Pros

Working at Time Inc. provides a great entry to the New York world. You'll interact with major brands, advertisers, and media outlets. The building location is prime and the resume headline is a great plus.

The company is very receptive to internal networking and superiors often take meetings and lunches to invest in those who proactively pursue that mentorship.

Cons

The company is have trouble transitioning into digital. Further, human resource structure fractured and inconsistent, weaving inefficiencies into company structure.

Like any corporation, you'll run into your fair share of frustrations.

284 Other Employee Reviews for Time (View Most Recent)

photo editor

Current Employee - Photo Editor in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Photo Editor in New York, NY

I have been working at Time full-time

Pros

challenging and rewarding, a great learning environment if you apply yourself and ask questions, explore information on your own, wonderful experience

Cons

many layoffs and changing work hours, low wages, little mentoring

pair mentors with new hires, have employee reviews every month with critiques, we have little to no support for our performance, it is sink or swim with little appreciation shown, we are just a number, made to know that we are expendable at the drop of a hat, no one seems to have loyalty

A So-So Experience

Former Intern - Systems Administrator in New York, NY
    Former Intern - Systems Administrator in New York, NY

I worked at Time as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Friendly and supportive co-workers and supervisors. Some employees can get certain days off and can work at home. Free magazines. A nice showcase of the latest technologies and gadgets on the second floor.

Cons

Times needs to update their archaic computers and servers technologies. The work environment is sometimes dull and depressing. Poor management and decisions have turn once great publishing company into a shell of its former self.

In order to turn Time around, start considering ways to retool your magazines. Start with generating better content quality rather than filling pages with endless ads. Restructure all your editing and publishing departments. Utilize both print and technology efficiently so that you can capture new and old generations of readers.

There are newer employer reviews for Time