Time

There are newer employer reviews for Time

Needs to innovate.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Time full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

We have a new CEO who seems to be building a lot of positive momentum.

Cons

Too many experienced people come in and see the gaping holes where the company should have kept up in digital/marketing.

Listen to directors (and above) who have significant, successful digital experience *outside* of Time Inc. They are the ones who are going to be able to right the ship. A decentralized (brands first) approach to digital marketing will allow us to innovate digitally. Pay close attention to the numbers-- they don't lie.

260 Other Employee Reviews for Time (View Most Recent)

Was once a great company but slowly sinking

Former Employee - Management in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Management in New York, NY

I worked at Time full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Comp & benefits are good and most employees are fantastic people. Time Life building is ideal location. Editorial personnel are creative and enthusiastic for products they work for.

Cons

With declining profits comes declining opportunity. Annual cutbacks and layoffs are demoralizing. Too much short term thinking.

Be more creative. Stop following the pack. Time was a very innovative business back in the day. Used to invest more in long term prospects but now seems everything is for today.

Changes Needed.

Current Employee - N/A in New York, NY
    Current Employee - N/A in New York, NY

I have been working at Time full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great titles with a lot of untapped brand equity.

Cons

We're attempting to play catch up with our digital businesses as the company has missed being in front of major developments in the digital landscape.

Consumer Marketing leadership is far behind the times. They are completely unaware of how to grow and run a sustainable digital business, and they continue to dig the company into a hole.

In meetings run by Consumer Marketing leadership, you get the sense that you're sitting in the middle of 1995. These are the people who are supposed to be "evolving." Changes are needed sooner rather than later.

There are newer employer reviews for Time