Time
www.timeinc.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Was once a great company but slowly sinking

Management (Former Employee)

I worked at Time full-time for more than 10 years

ProsComp & benefits are good and most employees are fantastic people. Time Life building is ideal location. Editorial personnel are creative and enthusiastic for products they work for.

ConsWith declining profits comes declining opportunity. Annual cutbacks and layoffs are demoralizing. Too much short term thinking.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more creative. Stop following the pack. Time was a very innovative business back in the day. Used to invest more in long term prospects but now seems everything is for today.

Needs to innovate.

I have been working at Time full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: We have a new CEO who seems to be building… Cons: Too many experienced people come in and see the gaping… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to directors (and above) who have significant, successful digital experience *outside* of Time Inc. They are the ones who are going to be able… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Changes Needed.

N/A (Current Employee)

I have been working at Time full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great titles with a lot of untapped brand equity. Cons: We're attempting to play catch up with our digital businesses as the… Advice to Senior Management: Consumer Marketing leadership is far behind the times. They are completely unaware of how to grow and run a sustainable digital business, and they continue… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Time.

Worked for Time? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Time reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Time CEO Joseph A. Ripp. All reviews posted anonymously by Time employees.