There are newer employer reviews for Time

A lot of strengths and a lot of challenges....

I have been working at Time full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fairly good pay. Good work/life balance. Generally, the people have good values. Strong brand equity that is underleveraged due to attachment with and myopic view of print magazines.

Cons

Hard to buy into digital strategies that aren't being communicated like they are with other (growing) digital companies.

All of audience development needs to be reporting in to consumer marketing, especially given how much consumer marketing is doing to evolve the business model. There is a lot of immoral, unethical decision-making at the director level. Keep only the people who truly support the ad sales AND consumer marketing businesses.

235 Other Employee Reviews for Time (View Most Recent)

Great company, but lagging behind

Former Employee - Senior Front End Developer  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Front End Developer in New York, NY

I worked at Time full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Iconic brands, lots of good people working there. I enjoyed working there until a bunch of us fell victim to the first round of layoffs this year.

Cons

I saw the company change it's approach and strategy and it looked like people were just groping around. It changed leadership several times in four or five years. It's still lagging behind, and eliminating people who have deep knowledge and passion of the company was baffling and most would say it's a poor management move to improve the books before the spinoff. Will miss working there, but I'm not looking back.

The other common complaint is the lack of transparency. The really senior management was never known to share what's happening in the company even to relatively senior management at the director levels as well. We find out about layoffs every year through outside sources, like the Post, which is just funny.

Spend time in the trenches instead of just talking about how things will change from a podium. For middle managers, get your people more involved, as apathy and insecurity can run rampant if people feel left out.

Great company to work for.

I have been working at Time full-time

Pros

Great benefits and great people. Everyone is nice and helpful. Supportive culture.

Cons

Haven't had a clear vision of the future for many years now.

There are newer employer reviews for Time

Worked for Time? Contribute to the Community!