Time

There are newer employer reviews for Time

Overall, great experience

Current Employee - Consumer Insights Intern in New York, NY
Current Employee - Consumer Insights Intern in New York, NY

I have been working at Time as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Even though the work I'm doing isn't completely interesting to me career-wise, everyone in this company is fantastic to work with. Everyone is nice/friendly, helpful, and they don't look down on you because you're an intern. Always free coffee, and my group has a social free food meeting every other Thursday. Every Time Inc magazine is available for you to read for free at anytime, and the location is prime near Central Park & Times Square.

Cons

Pay is low, there are no benefits, and the company is doing more layoffs than hiring because of the declining magazine industry.

Engage in more contact with interns, they could use your mentoring.

267 Other Employee Reviews for Time (View Most Recent)

Great!

I worked at Time

Pros

Nurturing managers who want to see you succeed. Was an environment where others listened and considered my ideas. There was also solid work-life balance-- there were many extracurricular groups which met outside of work hours for social events and happy hours, and held seminars to educate about non-work related topics.

Cons

Publishing industry is in decline, but Time Inc. has a strong vision and persistent leadership. Am curious to see how the company will do in coming years.

Too many managers, too much bureaucracy.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Time full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice location in New York City, at the iconic time building.

Cons

Technology department is outdated. Too many managers and disorganization. They need to think beyond just making the websites a throw up of advertising in the consumers face.
    Time Inc feels like a sinking battleship.

Seek to be technologically innovative and think in terms of creating products, versus just running some websites.

There are newer employer reviews for Time