There are newer employer reviews for Time Warner Cable

Roller Coaster

Current Employee - Service Technician  in  Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Service Technician in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Time Warner Cable

Pros

Good entry level job for those who want to get into the technical field. Benefits are good and so are the (Perks) for working there ex.(free cable,internet,discount phone service)

Cons

Pay is okay for single person but for someone trying to support a family you really will have to stretch it. Raises are barely visable and management`s focus need to be more on employees.

"If we focus more on whats in front of us (employees and customers) and improve whats around us (products,compensation,incentatives,communication) then our circle of influence would extend throughout the world."

1253 Other Employee Reviews for Time Warner Cable (View Most Recent)

It’s a very strict place to work for and they are only worried about how much work can get done instead of quality.

Current Employee - Service Technician  in  Norwalk, OH
    Current Employee - Service Technician in Norwalk, OH

I have been working at Time Warner Cable

Pros

They provide a decent benefit package that is better then average. They provide lunches at meetings.

Cons

Even though you do quality work and the customers are happy, they are only worried about quotas and how much work can be jammed into a small amount of time. It’s weird how they have time in our company name, but no concept of time and letting your employees taking time to do the job right. They do not have any common sense on why some things take longer then others. They also make you work during your hour lunch break and tell you that they “automatically punch you out for break” so you won’t get paid overtime even when you work that hour because you have to get the work done.

My advice would be to stop worrying about the numbers and quotas and pay attention to how the job is being done right and how the customers are happy for it. Also it’s time to get new DVR and other equipment instead of refurbishing everything.

A job is a job in this economy

Current Employee - Field Service Technician  in  Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Akron, OH

I have been working at Time Warner Cable

Pros

Free cable, nice people and good supervisors, health insurance and other benefits are pretty good, also taking a company vehicle home saves gas, new environment everyday. They also have a new training process for new people which is really helping out.

Cons

The pay is lower that a lot of other companies. Constant complaining about saving the company money but very little (if any) praise for a job well done. Yearly raises are there but are minimal, usually under fifty cents. Quarterly bonuses are available but are based on luck. New training is required with new products to support but no extra pay is given. Customers are not treated as well as I think they should be, they are given very old equipment, cable boxes, dvrs, and modems. It does not seem that any one in upper management cares about the very old equipment causing multiple technician visits to homes. The largest problem I face over all the above is the lack of communication and lack of caring about employee personal life, forced overtime gets old and causes moral to drop and makes good employees lazy.

Stop focusing on saving the company money and listen to what your customers and employees are asking from you. Customers do not want broken equipment and field technicians do not appreciate getting forced overtime, forced overtime is not the result of a slow or lazy employee, it's the result of an over scheduled and over worked employee.

There are newer employer reviews for Time Warner Cable

Worked for Time Warner Cable? Contribute to the Community!