There are newer employer reviews for Time Warner Cable

It was enlighting I learned a ton.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Time Warner Cable

Pros

Free cable and company car. They have some the newest technology and do try to stay ahead of the curve.

Cons

Management was not in tune to what was needed to be to advance projects in a positive manner. Not every employee was treated equal.

You cannot allow the same careless choices and decisions made by middle management to continue without addresses the situation promptly.

reviews filtered by

Pay you enough to where you cant afford to work anywhere else.

Current Employee - Network Ops in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Network Ops in Austin, TX

I have been working at Time Warner Cable

Pros

Benefits are fantastic
    Free Cable
    Company vehicle for field techs
    good tuition reimbursement, as long as its work related
    Struggled to find PRO's

Cons

Management has zero regard for their employees
    Management feels that work should come before anything, including family
    Management constantly adding tasks and workload to insure that they get their bonuses, which only they get. Hourly employees do not get bonuses.
    No opportunity for advancement since restructuring of the Region

Management should listen to what their employees are saying. We actually do the work so I think we know the best methods to get the job done.
    Working every weekend get old very fast.
    Make every employee in a supervisory or management position take business management courses. If that was mandated, they would have an idea of how to run a business and treat employees.
    The executive level of management does a good job but they need to do some house cleaning in the lower levels of management

No matter what you do you will never be as good as they want you to be

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Akron, OH

I have been working at Time Warner Cable

Pros

-Good health insurance
    -free cable
    -company vehicle to drive home
    -Working with different customers daily keeps things different

Cons

-They do not care about customer or employee concerns, they ONLY care about statistics and profit. As a field tech you will be required to meet a scorecard that designed to show either good quality work or good quantity, they expect you to have both, you can't have quality and quantity. The scorecards have things that technicians cannot control at all.
    -We are forced to use old beat up boxes in homes and expected to climb the pole even if you have just a remote control problem.
    -Being on call will force you to work 70 plus hours in one week.
     -Low compensation for the work that is done and we are pushed to sell products to customers while on a call fixing their already broken service.
    -The newest policy to save money takes away the tools and equipment needed to fix services, techs are expected to fix services without essential hardware

Drop the scorecards, what you are asking is impossible. The technician cannot work out of a tackle box, this was a horrible idea to save money and is killing productivity getting it replaced every 3 days. Employees are not happy with this company and plenty of customers are not either, please listen to both, if things continue I don't see this company being around in 10 years.

There are newer employer reviews for Time Warner Cable