There are newer employer reviews for Time Warner Cable

It was enlighting I learned a ton.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Time Warner Cable

Pros

Free cable and company car. They have some the newest technology and do try to stay ahead of the curve.

Cons

Management was not in tune to what was needed to be to advance projects in a positive manner. Not every employee was treated equal.

You cannot allow the same careless choices and decisions made by middle management to continue without addresses the situation promptly.

1311 Other Employee Reviews for Time Warner Cable (View Most Recent)

No matter what you do you will never be as good as they want you to be

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Akron, OH

I have been working at Time Warner Cable

Pros

-Good health insurance
    -free cable
    -company vehicle to drive home
    -Working with different customers daily keeps things different

Cons

-They do not care about customer or employee concerns, they ONLY care about statistics and profit. As a field tech you will be required to meet a scorecard that designed to show either good quality work or good quantity, they expect you to have both, you can't have quality and quantity. The scorecards have things that technicians cannot control at all.
    -We are forced to use old beat up boxes in homes and expected to climb the pole even if you have just a remote control problem.
    -Being on call will force you to work 70 plus hours in one week.
     -Low compensation for the work that is done and we are pushed to sell products to customers while on a call fixing their already broken service.
    -The newest policy to save money takes away the tools and equipment needed to fix services, techs are expected to fix services without essential hardware

Drop the scorecards, what you are asking is impossible. The technician cannot work out of a tackle box, this was a horrible idea to save money and is killing productivity getting it replaced every 3 days. Employees are not happy with this company and plenty of customers are not either, please listen to both, if things continue I don't see this company being around in 10 years.

Time Warner Cable has helped me grow in a professional environment.

Current Employee - Call Center Manager in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Call Center Manager in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Time Warner Cable

Pros

Benefits, and the people. Time Warner Cable look to move forward and take good steps to define their business properly.

Cons

Rigid structures impede at times. While progress is always difficult in a larger company, there are ways to guide professional atmosphere to allow growth as a quality of business.

There are newer employer reviews for Time Warner Cable